Pipabeth

NON-CANNON

When one has fear, one can and will do stupid stuff, that is the law of emotions. No matter, good or bad, emotions in quantity make us go crazy. Too happy? Crazy, too angry? Crazy, too sad? Crazy, too thrilled? Crazy. Tell me I am wrong, I dare you.

But I won't talk about all emotions, no, I will tell you about two of them, two that are so different but so similar at the same time; Fear and Love.

This is the story, the true story, of what happened just before the seven of the prophecy arrived in Rome, before Annabeth Chase went on her solo quest, before Nico D'Angelo was rescued, before Perseus Jackson and Annabeth fell into Tartarus.

...

The air on the Argo II, to say the least, was tense, how could it not? They were on a clock and the things that awaited them in Rome weren't exactly the most delightful ones.

And they were still teenagers, they had fights and disagreements, sometimes they didn't get along, sometimes they wish for everything but to see each other's faces, and sometimes they had lover's quarrels.

And this was one of those times.

"So," Annabeth said, sitting next to Piper "Are you done ignoring me?"

Piper said nothing, instead, she took a cookie from the bag of Oreos she had in her hand and ate it.

"I guess that is a no"

Piper swallowed, threw the now empty package at Annabeth, and stood up to leave. Before she could walk out of the room, Annabeth grabbed her arm, spinning her around "What is your problem?"

"Are you seriously asking me this?"

"Yes, you have been avoiding me ever since Camp Jupiter, only talking to me in quests"

"If I could not talk to you during quests I would, but I prefer to stay alive, I'm not stupid"

"What did I do to make you mad?"

"Don't act like you don't remember"

Annabeth bit her lip, "I don't"

Piper scoffed "Fuck you, Chase"

Annabeth couldn't answer. The ship shook, throwing both of them out of balance. Everything went still for a second before the ship trembled and went flying downward, Annabeth and Piper, along with many furniture, slammed against the wall.

"What happened?"

"I don't know"

Annabeth and Piper, ignoring the pain shooting through all their bodies, run to the deck, where they found Leo along with Percy, and Hazel.

"What happened?" Piper asked

"Something malfunctioned, we came crashing down, but I don't know what, everything seems fine" Leo informed, his hand doing something weird with what seems to be a small version of the Argo ii "I will run a test through all the ship, just to make sure, then we can take off again"

"How long would that take? We don't have time, Nico could die if we don't hurry"

"Hazel, I will work fast if it makes you feel better, but if we keep going without a check of the ship there are high chances we blow up mid-air, I have to make sure everything is alright"

"Fine" Hazel turned around, tears in her eyes, and left, probably to find Frank.

"Are you two okay?"

Annabeth's gaze moved to Piper before going back to Percy, and her eyes told Piper what Annabeth didn't utter, it was loud and clear, We will talk later. Piper didn't want to talk, hadn't she made that much clear?