The Gala

y/n- your name

y/dc- for the dress color

---

The day of the Gala

Over the course of the 3 days, you stayed at Danny's estate you got to learn more about the work he does, got to do some bonding with Rose, and you got to know Danny. Danny was a fair boss he gave his workers leave for family and traded them well. On the estate grounds, there was another house for the workers who worked in the house that didn't have another place to go or if they just wanted to stay. It was a nice house too and the rooms were not cramped. Rose also lived on the estate but she lived in the mansion so she could always be there when Danny needed her help with work. You liked how this mafia was run. Even though they still did all the horrible killing that your father's and every other mafia did Danny did not participate in prostitution or drugs. They were a mafia that specialed in assassination you learned. I guess you were just desensitized to all the violence at a young age due to your upbringing. But at last, those 3 days were up and it was time for the gala which meant you would inevitably you would see your awful father again.

It's the day of the mafia gala and you are nervous while you get ready. You put on the nice (y/dc) dress that Danny had gotten you. You had to ask Rose for some help lacing up the back. When you looked in the mirror you loved what you saw! You looked so beautiful! You put on some perfume and got ready to leave your room.

 "One last touch," Rose said. And then she put a diamond necklace on you. It looked beautiful... and expensive. You had no words sure your dad gave you presents like this when he screwed up but this necklace... this necklace was given to you as a sign of friendship. Nothing more nothing less. You were ready to go to the gala. 

 You walked out of your room with your head held high and with Rose right next to you. Rose left to get herself ready. You walked to the main staircase but stopped suddenly. At the bottom of the staircase was Danny. He looked so handsome in his suit, no no you must not think of that, although you can't help it.

"Like what you see?" Danny smirked. You snapped out of your head and looked away. "I was just caught in my thoughts" you quickly responded. "Thoughts of me?" he countered. "My general thoughts" you responded. "You know you could have just said that you were worried about the Gala tonight and I would have believed you, well almost believed you because that blush and look in your eye betrays you," he said with a smile. Damn him you thought in your head. "You looked good" you responded simply. "Is Rose coming in our car?" "No, she is going in another car. I am expected to be at the Gala early with the other mafia heads and their dates. Since you are my date you will come early too" he smiled when he said the last part. You smiled too as you guys walked out of the mansion arm in arm. Ever the gentlemen Danny opened the car door for you and once you slid in he closed the door behind you. All the men your dad had brought to you have never done this so you were pleasantly surprised. He got in on his side, when everyone's seatbelt was on he pulled out of the driveway and began to drive to the Gala. 

In the car, you and Danny had some small talk. You were intrigued by everything he told you, talked to you like you were his equal. You appreciated that. You may or may not have moved your hand towards his side and opened it to signify that you were willing to hold his. He took one hand off the wheel and intertwined it with yours and moved the one on the wheel in a comfortable position to drive one-handed. It felt right. Your hand in his made you feel at ease. After that time flew by and you arrived at your destination. The mansion was huge, no wonder they are holding the Gala.

Danny got out of the car and circled around to your door opening it for you. Once you were out  Danny offered his hand with a smile. His smile was so bright you swear it made you a bit dizzy. You put your hand in his and started your walk to the entrance of the house hand in hand