Chapter Seventeen

The group all huddled together in the elevator as it slowly screeched downward toward Level 14. Connie could be seen still wringing out her braid from earlier. Alyssa noticed put of the corner of her eye. 

"You okay?" She asked as she walked over to her cousin.

"I don't know." She replied, a little startled. 

"Connie, I swear to god, if you apologize one more time." Lys said with a giggle.

"No, no, it's not that." Connie attempted to laugh it off.

"So then, what's eating you?" 

"It is about.. from when I was 'possessed'."

Alyssa suddenly looked concerned. "Are you feeling okay?" She asked.

"I... don't know."

"Connie, we got all the ink out, right?" Alyssa clenched her cousin's hand. It felt cold and shaky.

"No, no. You guys did. I just feel as if.. I won't be the same after this is all over."

"Oh..." Lys suddenly realized what Connie was talking about. The startled reaction, the shaky hand. She gave her a hug and Maddox joined them and the three of them sat down on the floor. Connor and Nate were at a loss for what to do, but they eventually squatted down and joined them as well. Eventually, they all stood back up as the elevator made it to Level 14

It was the one floor they hadn't seen yet and the largest floor out of the five main levels that this elevator could taken them to. As they looked around, they saw a massive open space with ink flooding the floor and a couple staircases here and there. Finally, the doors opened and they all stepped out.

"I can't believe you all talked me into doing this." Maddox remarked.

"Shh! Keep it down!" Lys hushed. She caught a glimpse of Sammy entering a hallway and coming back out the other side on the hallway across from where he entered. Then, he turned down an alley with a flight of stairs on the side, going up to where the five of them were. Sammy stayed in the alley for quite some time and the group decided to make their move. They all rushed down some stairs, on the other side of the alley where Sammy was, and began trudging through the inky floor.

"Guys, wait!" Alyssa said suddenly.

"What is it?" Connie asked. "What's wrong?"

There was a silence for a couple seconds. "Get back to the elevator," Lys finally said. "I've gotta do this next part on my own."

"Lys, I can't ask you to do that!" Connie cried. "I'm not about to let you get captured too!"

"We'll all be much more prone to getting captured if we all go in there at once! Besides, this is my mess I got us all into. It's only right I get us all out."

"Just..." Connie paused. "At least please be careful!"

"Knowing me? I'll try my best. Just keep an eye out for Sammy, okay?"

Alyssa crept her way over to the dark halls of Level 14 and entered the depths. It was pitch black and she couldn't see anything. She bumped into tables, projectors, a couple miracle stations here and there, you name it. It could probably be found in there. She travelled down the hallways, both looking for Bendy and an exit. If there wasn't one on this floor, she and her friends were screwed.

Lys searched for a while until she found something that looked like an exit. Once she stepped out of it, however, she found herself back in Level 14's massive open space. She realized she had just come back out the other side and went back in the maze to find Bendy.