A new opportunity {Chapter 2}

Steve looked at Y/N then back at his Captain. "Is there something wrong sir?" Steve asked skittishly moving around his fingers together. "Steve we don't take outsiders. You know we already have enough on our plate. God damn it, Steve." Captain spun around to face Y/N as he quickly grabbed Steve by his shoulder. "Ha! Sorry um- Y/N please excuse us a sec." Captain said anxiously while stroking his neck.

John immediately took hold of my shoulders dragging me away from Y/N. As we walked behind the tank. "What John?!" I spoke in confusion. Waiting for him to answer, hoping he will say yes. "God damn it, Steve. I told you this before you know what happened to Bill. And what did I tell you about calling me, John? I'm your Captain." I felt myself clutch my fists, "sir? Listen, we don't have to take them in of course. But the least we can do is help them until- I don't know... they figure something out." I explained, but I hated how he mentioned Bill. As if it was my fault he's dead. I groaned "please sir. You should see the state they are in." I whispered towards John making sure nobody was hearing our conversation.

John sighed taking off his helmet showing off his messy black raven hair. As he ran his fingers through his hair slightly. "I already have. Where did you even find them anyway? Just dying in the middle of nowhere" John laughed sarcastically at his joke. As he placed back on his helmet.

Steve grunted out of frustration as he continued to talk to his Captain. "no- John! I found them near our sight. Inside an old broken down building. Sniper almost fucking shot them if I haven't done anything!" Steve explained awhile waving his arms around out of panic looking back. John placed a hand on Steve's right shoulder. Looking up at him all dramatically, "ha. Maybe you did something right for once." John said walking up towards Y/N. leaving Steve in shock and overall pissed. But was nervous about what his next move was.

Y/N was standing there, awkwardly twiddling their fingers. John grabbed a hold of Y/N's arm dragging them by his side before letting go. "Hey there... um?" Captain mumbled out but was stopped mid-sentence by Y/N. Y/N rolled their eyes groan out of annoyance at the man. "It's Y/N-" John nodded and continued to finish his sentence. "Yeah yeah, whatever sunshine. This isn't some kind of joke. You following me? This is war." Y/N got tense, just from the sound of his voice getting deeper. Y/N curved their lips into a smile. They shook their head agreeing to his statement and knew he meant business.

"Of course sir. This is still a middle of a war, I won't mess around. And besides, I wouldn't even think about it." Y/N smiled nervously but spoke in fear, before chuckling. Making John raise his eyebrow,

"Uh-huh, alright. If you wanna become a recruit here. I'm going to ask you a few questions. Don't worry, nothing complicated. I ask every recruit this before training." The Captain told Y/N giving them a wink, Y/N followed the Captain close behind the man.

"Can you shoot a gun?" John asked as the two continued to talk along aside with each other. Many other military men eyeing the two in disgust or curiosity. Y/N could see Sniper giving them a dead look in his eye for being so close to their Captain.

"Kind of but-" I wanted to finish my sentence but I was cut short. "You enter into an enemy camp. What do you do." I felt my face start to sweat, "Um... yeah, I don't know."

Captain sighed placing his hand on his face "UGH, Steve come over here." Captain yelled over making Steve jump as he was standing next to Sniper. Running over towards us, "sir! Yes, sir, what's is it-" Captain pushed me towards Steve making our bodies hit each other. We both grunted from the impact. Steve rubbed the back of his head. As he stood straight brushing the dirt off himself. "Ha! I need you, to train Y/N awhile I'm out."

"But sir-" Steve was stopped by his Captain who only chuckled in response "no buts! Sunshine, now get a move on. You two are slow as snails." Captain shot back at Steve who looked helpless, Steve knew he wasn't the best at training newbies, but he knew he didn't want to let his Captain down.