seven

"Why don't you get up and eat?" Corpse asked, laying down next to the girl who had a tear stained face.
"Not hungry." She mumbled.
"Don't let the comments get to you. Because I love you and you're amazing." He whispered. It caused her heart to flutter.
"Thanks corpse. I love you too." She sadly smiled turning to him. His smile widened when he saw her little grin.
"Up you go." He shook his head, offering a hand. She took it as he pulled her up. The two went to her kitchen with her recently Amazon go groceries. She was going to make fried rice and corpse was going to attempt to help.
"Corpse, pour the soy sauce." She directed towards the dark sauce at the pan that had rice, egg, chicken, carrots, peas, seasoned oil and scallions in it already. He grabbed the sauce, pouring a quarter cup in until he bounced back.
"Why the fuck is it sizzling like that?" He asked.
She chuckled. "You added liquid to a hot ass pan. I don't know what you expected." She let out a laugh, stirring the contents of the pan. She served it with two spoons and two bowls.
"I told people off on Twitter." He quietly said. She nodded. "Thank you."
"Are you going to stream again any time soon?"
"I... I don't think so. At least not for i don't know, maybe another month. I'll release something on Twitter." She shook her head.
"Don't feel pressured to." He lifted his hand onto the table which I took, grasping it.
"You've been amazing." I whisper. He nods slightly.

Corpse went home for the first time in four days that night. It was a rough night to say the least for nemesis.
Four AM.
Her legs were bloody. The knife left discarded on the ground once again. The comments from Twitter were permanently engraved in her mind.
Just cut
Just cut
Just cut
Use the knife.
Cut cut cut
No one would miss you
Cut
Cut
Cut

And she listened. She listened to the tiny voice in her head. And cut.

She woke up the next morning, her wrist and thighs hurt so she did what she always did in the morning. She cleaned it up. She cleaned the tiles and then herself. She gently swabbed it with cotton and then gauzed it and wrapped it.
After cleaning up, she made herself something to eat. Every step and movement pained her, but she didn't care. She made a light breakfast of sourdough bread, butter and green tea.
After doing the dishes, she crawled into bed and checked her phone.

Corpse
Hey
Nemesis?
Nemesis?
I assume you're asleep so I'll call you later
Goodnight, I love you

Her heart warmed at his text, but a ping of guilt shot through her. It was eleven so she decided to call him.
"Hi corpse."
"Hey nemesis."
"I love you too, dumbass." She smiled.
"Mmmmmmm." His voice sounded raspy.
"Are you okay?"
"I'll be fine tomorrow."
"I'm coming over."
"Okay. The codes still is the same."
"I would assume so. I'll be over in ten."
"Okay." She hung up and grabbed a bag, filling it with clothes and her laptop, two chargers, toothbrush and whatever else she would need. She grabbed her keys and headed to her car, locking up her house and making her way to his house. She unlocked the door and went into his room where he laid in bed.
"Corpse?" She whispered. His eyes opened, they were bloodshot.
"Hey..." she dropped her bag and crawled in next to him.
"You can sleep if you want."
"You cut." He noticed her thighs and wrist even though she was wear I black sweatpants and a corpse hoodie.
"Go to sleep." She said again.
"Nemesis, you cut." He whispered again.
"We can talk about it another time." She whispered back. He sighed, but closed his eyes.
She closed her eyes and turned over, resting her head on his chest. He pulled her closer and they fell asleep in that position.
She woke up first  and scrolled through her phone for a bit until he woke up an hour later.
"Are you hungry? I'll order something." She said.
He nodded.
"We still need to talk..."
"Corpse..."
"I just- I-" he grabbed her hands and kissed them gently.
"I care about you." He mumbled.
"Corpse. It was just a rough night."
"why was it rough?"
"It just was."
"Nemesis."
"It was rough because you weren't there." She mumbled embarrassed.
Corpse looked into her eyes. She didn't know what was happening until his lips brushed hers and immediately she kissed back.
The kiss was short and blissful.
When they pulled away, both their cheeks were flushed.
"I'm sorry. I didn't know what I was thinking." Corpse rambled, quickly getting up. Nemesis grabbed his hand, pulling him back down.
"I liked it." She whispered. His eyes widened before a grin broke out on his face.
"Then, let's do it again." And they did. Their lips braised over each other's.
"I wasn't kidding when I said I care about you, nemesis." Corpse spoke. She turned to have eye contact.
"Phoebe." She whispered. His eyes widened again.
"What?"
"My names phoebe." She said.
His face broke out in a smile as he rushed forward and hugged her.
"Thank you for telling me. My names (THIS IS NOT HIS REAL NAME) Alex."
She smiled as well, nuzzling her nose in his shoulder.