The person that was carrying me.

"I'm not." He states those words with annoyance in his voice. I chuckled in my head—Sloane was right.

"She has to shower and get the blood out of her hair, plus she has to keep ice on her face—she hates you! Why would she listen to him over me? Exactly, she won't." She yelled out, too loud for me that I whimpered covering my ears–her voice was smacking off the walls.

"That's it," I heard Blake mutter. And with my eyes closed I could only use my sense of hearing to understand what was going on. Keys jingled, Matti balanced me in his arms, I'm assuming catching them in his hands.

And then a mumbled yelled.

"Blake! Put me down!" I heard Sloane yell, I felt Matti nod and then Sloane's cries became distant.

"You stupid fucking Republican! Aren't you guys afraid of gay people's children? Boo!" At that comment, I let out a laugh, a small one as Matti's chest rumbled.

A door was opened and I was through it.

"Okay. I'm taking you to the couch." He spoke as I groaned. "I'd rather you'd just drop me on the ground." I muttered under my breath.

I knew he heard me though.

He shut the door behind us and walked down the hallway, the apartment was dark—just how I needed it. I slowly opened my eyes and watched as Matti tossed the keys to the table. He walked to the long sectional and sat me on the end.

"So when did we become best friends again?" I ask, eyes closing slowly. "Nobody could take care of you like I could." He states and I chuckle, reopening my eyes. "Funny–I could think of multiple, including Helen Keller." I spoke.

He nodded, "Good one." He muttered.

He walked away from me for a moment but not before coming back with multiple pillows in his hands.

He gripped my arms, pulling me up and then laid me back down.

"I feel dirty," I muttered as I watched him turn his back to me, taking off his black blazer–setting it to the side. His black dress pants bunching up as he sat at my feet, placing them on top of his lap. His dress shirt buttons undone, showing a hint of chest and his necklace on display.

"Do you want a shower?" I shrug as he stares.

I watched as he slowly undid the heels that were on my feet, chuckling when he flipped them over. I raised an eyebrow, well—I tried to.

He faced me, holding the heels in his hands. "Never pegged you for a Jimmy girl." I groaned, laying back deeper into the pillows. "I'm not." I state.

He nods, setting them on the ground.

And so we sat in the sectional in silence. My legs lay over his lap. Him staring off—deep in his thoughts while I laid, miserable. "Um–Matti," I said as his head shot down to me.

"I need ice." I state and his face falls, throwing my legs off of him aggressively as he stands up.

"Right, right. So sorry, hold on." He apologizes and before I could tell him it was okay, he was gone in a flash.

I brought my hand up to my eye area and gently patted around it.

I was for sure swollen and I couldn't even imagine how much worse it was going to flare up.

"Here—here." He rushed over with a bag of frozen peas from my freezer. I chuckled, grabbing them from him and slowly placing them on top of my eye- feeling instant relief from the itching.