sixty seven

Feb 2017

January was an odd month for the girl. She wasn't sure what her and Peter were...if they were anything at all.

She wasn't even sure if she wanted it to be something.

Obviously she feels something for the boy. But she doesn't know if she's ready for a relationship...for commitment.

2016 was a long and rough year for her. She started school, made friends, fought against her friends, went on probation, got outed to the world....

Talia doesn't know what she's doing.

***

"Happy Valentines Day."

"Thanks Flash." The girl pushes past him as he was previously blocking her in the hallway.

She rolls her eyes as he races after her. Flash slides in front of her.

"What do you want?" she asks.

"I," he points to himself. "Wanna take you on a date."

The girl giggles. "No." She brushes past him and stiffens when he grabs her wrist.

Talia clenches her fists and turns around.

"Get your hand off me."

Flash rolls his eyes but he obliges. "Look, just one date. A movie maybe? No one turns down the Flash."

"I do."

Talia turns to leave, but once again, Flash grabs her arm. Faster then one would think, Talia elbows the boy in the ribs and backhands him across the face.

Students nearby stop and stare at the girl as she glares at Flash.

"I said not to touch me."

She ignores the other students that look at her and makes her way to lunch. Tal rolls her eyes as none other than Jackson comes up to her.

"Happy Valentines Day," he says while coming up to her side and throwing an arm around her.

Talia ducks under his arm and steps to the side. "Thanks."

"Oh come on, why you gotta diss me like that?"

"Cause I don't want to be touched by people." She spits out.

Jackson scoffs and grasps her shoulder. The girl turns and shoves him back, swiftly heading into the cafeteria and marching over to her usual table.

She slams her bag down on the seat and sits next to Peter. Ned, Peter, and MJ glance at the girl warily.

"Hey..." Ned starts. "What happened to you?"

"Why the fuck do people think that just because it's Valentines Day, you can go around touching people? And then like when people say 'happy valentines day' what am I supposed to say? Thanks? And then people can't take a fucking hint...no means no and all that so don't grab my fucking arm." She absentmindedly rubs her wrist where Flash had grabbed it. "Sorry...didn't mean to explode on you guys."

"It's okay. But your eyes are glowing." Ned points out.

"And you're hot." Peter says.

The girl quirks an eyebrow at him and he blushes. "Your temperature is what I meant. Like you're literally giving off heat..."

Tal takes a second to calm herself down. "Alright," she breathes. "how was everyone else's day?"

"It's been okay. We have that unnecessary essay for history though." MJ says while taking a bite of her sandwich.