sixty three

The quartet spent the next few hours drinking, eating and playing games in the arcade. It was nearing midnight and Ned and MJ were passed out on the couch in the living room after drinking a lot of alcohol.

Peter was only tipsy, as he opted to holding back on the drinks. Talia wasn't even close to being drunk.

The two of them sit on the couch, Tal finishing her glass of liquor. She's lost count on how many glasses she's had.

"How aren't you passed out right now?" Peter asks from next to her.

"Alien metabolism has its benefits. Bourbon's nice and all," she glances down at her cup. "but it leaves the worst taste in your mouth." She grimaces and stands, quickly going across the way to her room to brush her teeth.

She sees Peter's confused expression as she walks back. "I brushed my teeth, I'm telling you...Bourbon has the worst aftertaste." The girl shudders and holds out her hand to Peter.

"Where are we going?" He asks as she pulls him up off the couch.

"Photo booth. I want a picture of just us two."

"Okay, let's go."

"Wait," Tal reaches down and swiftly takes her heels off, sighing at the immediate relief. She looks back up, a little startled at how much shorter she now is. "they were killing me, I had to."

"And now you're three feet shorter."

"Over exaggeration, Peter Parker."

As they make their way back down to the photo booth, Talia grabs them noisemakers and cone shaped New Years hats.

They slide into the booth and think of something to do.

"I've got an idea." Peter says as he presses the button and the countdown starts.

Talia turns to him, confused as he didn't tell her what to do. She glances at the countdown, 3 seconds, and then back to the boy.

Her eyes widen as Peter suddenly leans forward, pressing their lips together as the camera flashes. Peter quickly pulls back, his cheeks a flaming red. The girl's eyes are wide as saucers and her mouth is propped open.

"Sorry—I...S-sorry. It was—was a stupid idea. My—my bad." He averts his eyes and the camera flashes a second time.

"Peter—"

"I'm s—sorry. Probably the alcohol—"

"Peter—"

"I just wanted to—to do it at least once."

"Peter—"

"I didn't—"

"Peter shut up and listen to me!" The boy snaps his gaze to her. "God, you're such a fucking idiot sometimes."

Tal reaches out and grabs the front of his shirt, pulling him towards her as their lips crash together. Peter's frozen for the quickest second, but then he relaxes into the kiss.

His hand hesitantly snakes around her waist, while Tal lifts her hand to cup the side of his face, her thumb brushing over his cheek.

Their lips move in tandem, a little sloppy, but what else is supposed to be expected for their first kiss. The pair don't even notice the flash of the camera, they're lost in each other.

They pull back slightly, eyes opening and locking with each other's. Their noses brushing as identical smiles spread on their faces.

"I've—I've been wanting to kiss you for so long." Peter mumbles.