twenty five

Talia had been working every other day at Delmar's for a week. She honestly enjoyed the job, she would handle the register or make the sandwiches which she enjoyed. Having Tony and Pepper out of the Tower all the time, Talia taught herself to cook.

So making the food at Delmar's was easy. Peter would visit sometimes if he was in the area, opting to get a sub and say hi to Mr Delmar and Tal.

After work, the girl would walk home, sometimes accompanied by a swinging boy in a red suit, and then she would workout.

Her training sessions were shortened, as she would get home in the afternoon.

She spent spare time reading, or hanging out with Peter, putting off when she would attempt at getting her memories back.

She hated to admit it, but Tal was scared. Everyone had told her that she was a shell before Wanda and Tony intervened. But the girl was curious, she needed to know about her past.

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

Tony and Rhodey were at a conference with Pepper. Vision was doing whatever he would usually do during the day.

Talia sat on her comforter, legs criss crossed, her body facing the TV on the wall.

Today was the day. She was going to attempt unlocking her memories.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Her hands rested on her knees, palms facing up, her gloves were deactivated.

Tendrils of blue produce from her hands. They curl and swirl as they slowly make their way towards her head.

Talia focuses in on her false memories, and starts there. The tendrils enter her head, a blue haze surrounding the girl.

In her mind, she pictures her false memories as a wall, a wall that's blocking her past. She pictures her blue tendrils striking the wall, pushing through the pictures of her and Tony on Christmas. Pushing through a young Talia and some blurry image of her fake mother. Pushing through the memories of her and Steve playing Just Dance, of her and Nat going out for Sushi, of her and Thor baking.

She pushes through those thick, specific memories. It's as if she moves through a layer of molasses in her brain, until she's through.

It's like popping a bubble, or entering a bubble. She breaks through that layer and finds...nothing.

There's nothing, until it all comes rushing back.

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

A girl sits on the ground, her dark hair is wet with grease, an oversized grey shirt covers her torso. Blood stains litter the shirt, dried from time. Her shorts are loose on the girl's waist, her legs are skinny as twigs, bruises are scattered along her arms and legs.

She's small, shorter than you would think, and frail. Her body shakes, from the cold or possibly weakness.

The room she's in, resembles a cell. There's a bucket in the corner and the walls and floor are made of cement or concrete. It's hard to tell.

The girl flinches as a door shuts nearby. She whimpers as a tall, grey...thing comes into view. Its head is shaped like a lightbulb, and its nose bulges from it's flat face, creating an oval-ish shape.