Not the end

Everything almost was in slow motion. The battle. The death. The blood spilt. To much death... 

Lotors life flashed before his eyes as he saw his generals corpses on the ground and lions destroyed behind zarkon. Broken pieces of metal scattered around them. The Paladins gone silent as if they never breathed again after moments ago. Blood was splashed across Lotors face from his nose, from the gash on his eye. His sword was now only a half as the end was impaled into his fathers leg, yet he stood before his son.

"Your alone Lotor, like you always have been,"

Those words made Lotors blood boil yet made him cold as the truth slipped in. Tears unwillingly to him fell down his face as the salt of him mourning burned when they over lapped the smaller scratches across his face and body.

Lance starred at Lotor as he was knelt in front of zarkon unable to get up as his side was bleeding intensely. His blue eyes where fearful as he couldn't take his eyes off of Lotor who looked at him only to make more tears flow down his purple face.

"With no one that will love you again,"

Zarkon raised his blade over Lance as Lotor couldn't only feel the ground beneath him almost made him go slower. He sprinted though. He sprinted to his father, watching his lovers murder before him.

But he ran faster as he couldn't bare the nightmare of life without that human. His human. His hellfire.

Flashbacks scattered around him of his happiest memories, all with Lance.

Then the blade met Lance who was helplessly wounded and waited for the death the sword would deliver on his spine.

"NO!"

"Lotor!"

"Lo! Lotor!"

Lotor gasped bolting from a bed with tears and sweat covering farther than his face. He hyperventilated as he frantically patted around the bed only to feel hands grab his wrist.

"Hey hey!" The voice of home melted into Lotors chest with sweet relief.

"Hey, your okay Lotor," he saw Lance holding his wrist with worried eyes as the room was dark but the light of a walk in bathroom to the side made a glowing outline behind Lance. He wore a pair of sweatpants with no shirt while walking to their bed, he sat on the side of the bed with a small smile in sympathy.

"I went to the bathroom for two minutes," Lance chuckled seeing Lotor call down and helped him sit up.

"You okay?" Lance asked brushing Lotors hair out of his face as Lotor sat up gulping.

"I-it was a dream..." Lotor whispered and Lance smiled sadly.

"Was it a battle?" Lance sat on the edge of the bed as he ran his fingers through white hair.

He nodded.

"Marmora?"

"Marmora..." Lotor breathed.

"You won Lotor, you won and your still here, don't worry," Lance kissed his forehead and Lotor closed his eyes remembering the final blow he gave to his father with his own sword after Lotors was destroyed.

"I thought I lost you," Lotor held his hand tightly. "I thought I've lost you so many times,"

"You didn't, it was a dream Lo," Lance chuckled straddling over Lotors lap and kissed him sweetly. "I thought your nightmares were getting better?"

Lotor held him in a tight embrace, Lotor had a prosthetic arm and on one of his legs he had another robotic prosthetic from the knee down, he rested his head on lances chest. They rolled over in the bed as Lance giggled holding the back of his neck kissing him, comforting him.

Lance smiled up at him as he was memorized by his love. They've been through so much, the pain they've fought past, betrayal and hurt, in their relationship and in the war, it wasn't over after that battle, more begun and caused fights in the team and between each other. Madness driving Lotor away from the freedom he and Lance dreamed for. Losing his leg and his arm, losing his throne in the process.

He had a ring ready for his love, a gold band with blue crystals Lotor stole from a planet many thought were a myth. He wished to marry the general but he wanted to make sure they were at peace...

"We have a few more hours before we're on duty again," Lance smiled at him gently.

"I'm going to get a new lock on our door if those Paladins come in again," Lotor groaned curling against Lance and holding him close.

"Do it anyways," Lance groaned agreeing. They smiled at each other as Lance turned around to face him.

"You okay?" Lance asked again holding the side of his face.

"Yes, my love," Lotor sighed smiling at the touch.

"Good, we have a long day ahead of us emperor Lotor," he kissed his forehead gently as Lotor closed his eyes pulling Lance closer to hold onto. To hold onto what he almost lost.

But it wasn't over yet...

-To be continued-