Chapter 2

Hope you enjoy the story and if want a particular scene in the story you are free to tell me   in the comment section.

Gun shot..

Caroline was startled by the sound.Against her better judgement, she ran towards where the sound came from. She turned a corner into a secluded alleyway and hid behind a building as she heard shouting and cries of pain. She peaked and saw a old looking man on the ground writhing in pain and  a man whose back was towards her, probably the shooter, she thought. The man on the the ground was still alive . She wondered if he would let him live. Just then another shot was fired. She unknowingly screamed . Before she could try to run, the man turned , for a moment worry etched on his face but was quickly dominated by anger.

The man began to walk towards her. She was momentarily paralyzed.But as he came closer she started backing away slowly and the man began to walk faster. She turned and ran. She ran as fast as she could but the man was gaining on her. She crossed the road and ran past a mall, trying to loose him. She ran past a police station on the way to her house. She thought of asking the police for help but quickly thought otherwise. She knew that it would only create more complications.

She reached her apartment panting and out of breath. She sat on the floor catching her breath.

I am going to be OK.

After a few minutes she realized that she had work to do. She was supposed to meet up with her fiance in an hour. She looked down the dark red marks she had from the last time she was late for her date.

I definitely do not want a repeat of that.

She willed herself to get up and went to take a shower when the door bell rang. She sighed and walked out of the bathroom. She opened the door and a wave of fear overcame her. There in the doorway stood the very man she was running from with a gun pointing right at her.