Mikino nodded quietly but her mind was already wandering.

It wasn't that she was bored of all this information. She was rather fascinated by the working of the arcana. But her thoughts had immediately gone to Cecil and how he was struggling with something so dangerous too.

She felt slightly bitter thinking that it was unfair how he had not been showered with such special concern.

"Get ready" said Jolly and Mikino's hands went cold as she felt a strong presence near them.

Mikino subconsciously stepped back and Irisu grabbed her shoulder firmly.

"Don't show fear. It is overwhelming but only run
when you are sure it's going to kill you."

"That's not comforting"

"Relax" said Jolly quietly and looked at Mikino "Just ask the questions quickly and we can leave."

Mikino was about to ask if she should start shouting questions to the empty air when a chilling voice interrupted her.

"I thought I made it clear you are not welcome."

"Yeah we are back" said Irisu cheerfully before pushing Mikino forward "We even brought friends!"

Mikino swallowed hard.

She had no idea how Irisu was acting so casually or how Jolly was just standing there without flinching.

Right now every part of her instinct was screaming at her to run.

This was nothing like what she had imagined.

Mikino could only hear the High Priestess's voice as they were now surrounded by a thick fog; but she felt an enormous weight on her body - a force that was threatening to squeeze her head into pulp unless she left.

"We were not done talking." said Jolly coolly "We have some questions. And this time you will answer."

Hearing Jolly's firm voice, Mikino's respect for him grew a thousand fold,

These people were different.

Perhaps there was more to controlling an arcana than just being deadly or powerful.

While her legs had turned to jelly these two were talking to the High Priestess as if she were a street vendor.

"What makes you think I will answer?"

"You will." said Irisu before holding Mikino's shoulder firmly "What do you want from Lucia in return for using your skill?"

Irisu's touch somehow brought Mikino's thoughts together again. She saw Jolly nodding at her to proceed and she felt more confident with the comforting thought that these two were probably amazing enough to save her if things turned sour.

"What do you want from Lucia?" repeated Mikino.

She could feel her arcana rising in her. It's presence was not as strong as she would have liked it to be but she focussed again and spoke in a stronger tone.

"Tell me! What do you intend to do with her? What is your price? Give me the truth!"

There was a moment of deep silence before the High Priestess began to laugh.

The laughter echoed around them and Mikino felt slightly angry as she raised her voice.

"I command you to answer my questions!!"

The laughter abruptly stopped and then the High Priestess's spoke softly.

"Did you really think the power of La Giuztizia will work on me, child? It has no effect on our own kind."