Ch 46: A Problem

Agni POV

She was furious.

I didn't think my rabbit could be furious, but there was no mistaken the look in her eye as she stared me down.

"Why?" She asked, her normally soft voice rising, "why send my sisters back to Iris early?!"

I wanted to watch her body quake in anger, her milky skin flushing and her eyes narrowing.

Especially because she was nude.

Angry and nude.

"They may return here another time. Now is not a good time to have foreigners in the palace."

She huffed, "they are not foreigners, they are your in-laws! If they are foreigners I am as well!"

"You are my wife." I replied coldly, "that is not the same."

"They are my family." She insisted uncharacteristically.

"And this is for your own good."

"How?" Her pink eyes grew misty with her obvious distress, "how would this be for my own good?"

I didn't want to tell her this yet but it seemed her sisters were the one thing she was unwilling to budge on. "Flora. I am a man who is in the process of conquering the entire world, I am going to be much more than a king. I will be an emperor of the biggest empire in history. You its empress. The process is dangerous."

"...and?" She asked, a little weary.

"Coupled with this failed rebellion there is likely spies in the palace. Protecting your sisters is a liability. It is best they are returned home."

She seemed lost, rage disappearing instantly and being replaced with anxiety, "spies... in the palace?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure?" She wrung her hands, "spies? Agni..."

"You will be safe Flora, nothing will happen to you."

"Are you sure?" She asked, "that there are spies?"

In truth there are always spies in a palace, there are always enemies looking to attempt something as foolish as an assassination.

Floras country may have been more peaceful due to its size or culture but I doubt her palace was free from danger.

It likely just wasn't significant enough for her to have been alerted of it.

"I am sure Flora."

Tears pooled in her eyes, "so my sisters really have to go?"

"Yes." Thankfully.

She was always spending too much time with them and prattling on about them.

Its difficult to have sex with your wife when she's too busy telling you all about her annoying sisters.

The quiet woman looked deeply saddened, "oh my... how disappointing.. but thank you darling for looking out for my family."