Ch 5: Power

A/N: Hi again! sorry bout the lateness from the promised hour. My inter web  died for a while there...Anyways! first Agni POV of the book yay!! I feel like I should put king in front of his name all the time but he's a jackass so I won't.

~~

Agni POV:

"Your highness...I think you were a bit hasty in picking a bride. perhaps you should look at a few more girls.."

I stared down my retainer, which one he was I couldn't quite remember, "I want the savage princess. I will have the savage princess. Anyone to stand in my way will get a sword through the stomach."

He paled slightly, "Y-yes your majesty she is an excellent choice, a beautiful woman."

I nodded, of course she was, I wouldn't pick an ugly princess. The kingdom of Taragon is the worlds largest as king I need a fitting bride. Speaking  of fitting, "oh. get her some new clothes. Her's seem to make all the young servant boys fall over one another."

"Pardon?"

I rolled my eyes, putting my feet on my desk, "My future queen has huge breasts and wears very little clothing by choice. She wears less than the capitols whores and thinks undergarments should only be large enough to cover the important bits."

His jaw dropped. "O-oh I will have a maidservant fetch her some clothing from the capitol and a seamstress come to the palace."

I nodded.

"You're highness.."

I glanced at him, annoyed, "what?"

"Where would you like us to set up the princesses chambers?"

What sort of an idiot does he take me for? "She's staying in mine."

"But your-"

"Sigmond that is enough, you're highness has spoken."

The retainer bowed, scurrying from the room. 

My head retainer and advisor Alim stared at me with curious brown eyes, "The cursed princess of Iris is  not as expect is she King Agni?"

I stared at the snow white cloak on my desk, "She is not. She's tall for a woman, handles a large bird, blushes and her own words, and reminds me utterly of a rabbit."

Alim sighed, "...a rabbit?"

I nodded, "lets hope she's good for something other than being skinned for furs and roasted over an open flame. What sort of fabric is this Alim I have never seen it before. You are knowledgeable about that island country yes?"

His fingers brushed the fabric, "I am..I had the privilege to see the isle of Iris myself as a boy. Since I have been fascinated by it. It is a place of warm summers and harsh winters where the trees never die. Its a magical Island your highness."

I snorted, "Magical? please Alim I am not a child, those fables of magic do nothing for me."

He smiled a bit, "ah..but those fables are not fables on Iris take this fur for example, it is from what the islanders fondly call an ice fang. A large white saber tooth cat that only grows its vicious fangs in winter. its said that its pelt will never burn."

I stared at the cloak she had worn, "never burn? lets test this myth of your's Alim. Shall we bet your life?"

He nodded, "I am confident. I only ask you let me has a piece of the cloak to study one day if I win."

I shrugged already thinking of men to replace him, I would probably have a hard time finding one. Alim was a wise man and one I trusted. 

I threw the cloak into the fireplace. watching as flames slowly rose around it.