The Red Death

A plasma shot from Toothless smacks into the Red Death's face as the nimble dragon swoops past. The stream of fire gushing from the Red Death's mouth cuts off. The massive head follows the smaller dragon as he screams. The waves of domination emanating from his mouth make every other dragon in the area immediately land, stop attacking, or bow in place.

The Vikings are too caught up in covering their ears to exploit the momentary lapse in the fight. Some have blood pouring out of their ears while some lost their grip on sanity entirely.

Hiccup and Toothless can hold off the call, but barely. Their shared magic showing its strength. Turning in midair, they face the behemoth dragon. He has yet to take to the sky. Two sets of eyes meet four over the distance.

As if recognizing the challenge, the Red Death bellows again. Then he turns and begins trampling dragons and Vikings alike. He pauses long enough to send another stream of fire onto the ships.

"Let's see how much he can handle," Hiccup says to Toothless.

My pleasure is all Hiccup gets back before Toothless drops out of the sky to gain speed.

***********

Elsa's eyes widen and the Light Fury audibly gasps, an odd sound coming from a Dragon. Out of the exploding mountain, a giant dragon crawls into sight. It stomps over the beach, right at the tiny shapes of ships.

"Go, go, go." Elsa urges the dragon below her forward.

It takes the Light Fury long moments before she can swallow her fear and move toward the giant beast. What bolsters her courage is the most majestic sight she has ever seen.

His midnight-black scales shine brilliantly in the sun casting down. His powerful wings and deadly breath make a familiar humming noise as he speeds up for an attack. Even the awful human being on his back doesn't detract from his grace. It's an actual Night Fury. If he is brave enough to attack a Dragon God, she could too.

As they approach, the giant dragon screams. An awful noise and a wave of power speeds past them. Not knowing what is happening, Elsa has no way to deflect the sound. Her eardrums feel like they pop and the Light Fury dive bombs the water. They hit the surface with a sickening smack.

******************

Toothless and Hiccup fly over the giant dragon, blasting it repeatedly. Hiccup has Toothless hit multiple different spots to test their enemy's defenses.

The eyes look vulnerable, but the eyelids react far too quickly. No doubt the Dragon's Stones are protecting themselves. The monster's flesh is too thick and barely blackens under Toothless's powerful attack.

That's when Hiccup has an idea.

"Let's see how well he flys," Hiccup says.

Toothless dives in and strikes the Red Death with another blast. Instead of zooming off, he returns, this time to rake his claws over the giant's face. 

The Red Death attempts to bite then claw the pest. Every time an attack would miss, the Red Death would scream again. Yet, no matter how many times they pass, they can't keep the monster's attention. They fly far enough away to buy themselves a moment's breather, knowing every second they take means another Viking's death.

Both Hiccup and Toothless go slack-jawed when they see the Red Death change his focus from the remaining ships and fleeing Vikings. Two small figures are hopping around, waving their arms, and throwing weapons at the giant dragon. If they plan to piss the Red Death off, they are succeeding. The creature screams again and turns fully to the two.