Chapter 37: A Warning From Dr. Kai

Start from the beginning

Still, they all nodded in understanding as they walked out of the building and towards the car. They all got in and drove off towards the grocery store.

"Let's see, what do we need? Actually main question, what do we need to make food that we want to make?" Seokjin asked as he took out his phone, "I'll make a list."

"Hyung, we're already at the store. There's no point in making a list now. We should have made one before we left, but oh well," Jimin stated with a shrug as the car pulled up into a parking spot. Seokjin sighed, but nodded at that as he put his phone away. The members got out and closed the doors before heading into the store. Seokjin went to grab a shopping cart before the members started looking around the store for food that they wanted to eat, sticking them into the cart.

"Wait, so what are we planning on making tonight anyways?" Hoseok asked curiously as he looked at the meat section, "We could make some beef or chicken."

"To save us the time, all in favour of cooking beef tonight raise your hand," Namjoon instructed as he raised his hand. The other members all raised their hands before glancing at one another. "Good, that settles that. Hoseok, get 4 things of beef."

"Gotcha!" Hoseok replied with a nod as he grabbed four packages of beef and dropped them into the cart.

"Do we want kimchi or a different kind of vegetable?" Seokjin asked as he looked from the kimchi to the broccoli. When he got a series of different responses, he sighed and looked at the others. "Ok, all who want kimchi raise your hand and all who want broccoli don't raise your hand." Most of the members raised their hands while only two members didn't raise their hands. "Well, let's just buy both. We can always make one or other or both."

Seokjin placed in some containers of kimchi into the cart as well as bundles of broccoli into the cart. The members walked down the next isle, carefully placing things into the cart. They continued to do that through every isle they went down and when they finally came to the last isle, their cart was filled up to the top.

"Ah, of course the desserts are the last thing we come to and we literally have no more room in the cart," Yoongi complained with a groan.

"It's ok hyung, we can just carry the things that we want for desserts in our arms," Jungkook insisted with a small smile as he started placing boxes of desserts into his arms. Yoongi groaned again at that, but the other members shrugged then began to do the same thing as Jungkook, filling their arms with sweets and treats.

"Hey, put that one back. I already have one of those in my arms," Hoseok stated as he looked over at Taehyung's arms that were filled with goodies.

"No, these one are specifically mine. Those ones are yours," Taehyung argued shaking his head as he continued filling up his arms. As they continued to fill up their arms, they hadn't even noticed that Dr. Kai was standing a few feet away from them, watching them with wonder and mischievous grin spread across his face as he slowly started making his way towards them.

"Well, I see you boys like to eat a lot," Dr. Kai voiced a teasing tone, alerting the members of his presence. The members all stopped what they were doing when they heard his voice and looked towards him. Their expressions hardened when they saw him and their bodies tensed up. Dr. Kai noticed and chuckled in amusement. "Relax boys, I am not a threat and I have no intention of causing harm to any of you. Well... unless you get in my way that is.."

"What is it that you want?" Yoongi asked in a cold tone, his eyes burying deep into Dr. Kai.

"The answer to that question is quite simple. I would like the mermaid," Dr. Kai answered with a calm look. The members all clenched their hands into fists at hearing that.