Chapter 42: For You....

Delilah's pov: I was woke by the loud stomps of Tracey's boots hitting the wooden floor of the hospital wing and coming towards me. "Wake up Del! We are gonna be late!" She rushed. "Uhh...late for what? I groaned. "Oh yeah right you don't know yet. Anyways, we gotta pack so that we can go on our winter vacation!" She said with enthusiasm. "Already?" I asked. "It's Christmas girl! We gotta go come on!" She smiled. "I'm not really excited to be honest. Its kinda hard to have fun after all that I went through these past couple months." I sighed in sadness. "Look, I get it. Its not at all easy going through all that crap. But you know what I think? I think that you are the strongest woman alive. I think that you deserve more than just a normal winter vacation. I think....you deserve a carnival! Listen, I know all that may seem like nothing to you, but what I do know is that you can do it. You can survive this!" She encouraged. "Thanks Tracey, I needed that." I smirked. "Good. Now, since its chilly back at my house, we are gonna have some fun making these sweaters and gloves with mom. IM EVEN GONNA MAKE YOU A GLOVE FOR YOUR WHEELCHAIR! Grandma is soooo gonna be jealous of you!" Tracey laughed. "Oh really!" I laughed back. "Hey, we can even invite Neville! I mean, he's just around the river from our house, so maybe at New Years we can invite him and his Gran." She suggested. "Sounds like a plan...." I said with a fake smile. "Hey, what's wrong?" Tracey said as she scooched closer to me. "Oh nothing just....I hate that Neville has to see me like that. Or anyone at that point." I sighed. Then before I knew it, Tracey pulled up her sleeves and slapped me across the face.
"TRACEY I JUST GOT BACK FROM SURGERY WHAT WAS THAT?!" I screamed. "THAT WAS FOR ALL THE BULLSHIT YOU WERE SAYING EARLIER. Delilah, you are a badass bitch. Even on a wheelchair. So don't you ever talk about yourself like that. Because you deserve to be praised. Like.....if I could bring you a medal I swear I fucking would. You know why? Because you are still here. And I don't know what I would do without you. So, you are gonna walk- i mean stroll in there like a goddess and you are gonna throw snow at me outside. OKAY!" She encouraged. "Okay...." I smiled calmly.
"UMMMM I CANT HERE YOU?" Tracey screamed louder. "OKAY! LETS HAVE SOME FUN!" I screamed. "Hey guys!" Neville said as he walked over to us. "Hi Neville." Tracey and I said at the same time. "Hey, umm we were thinking if you and your Gran can come over for the New Years? It would really mean to us because Delilah is gonna be there with the rest of my family!" Tracey asked Neville. "It would be an honor! Thanks Tracey!" Neville thanked as he hugged Tracey. "Look, I'm gonna go and pack up Delilah's clothes. Neville, you stay with Delilah." Tracey said as she left to our dorm. It was just me and Neville. "Hey Delilah! How are you feeling?" He asked as he kissed my forehead. "Better......But my arm still hurts a bit..." I answered. "That's because its broken. Aren't you putting your cream medicine?" Neville asked. "Oh sorry! I forgot this morning!" I said. "Here, let me put some for you...." Neville offered. He took my hand gently and placed it on the edge of the bed. He unwrapped my swollen hand, trying not to make me ache in any way. "Owh! slowly please!" I ached. "Sorry sorry sorry!" He panicked. I didn't think he was feing so well. It looked like he was really really nervous. "Neville, are you....okay?" I asked. "Oh yeah yeah, I'm umm I'm okay." He stuttered as he was breathing heavily. "Okay..." I sighed. He then grabbed the medicine from the drawer, opened the lid and squeezed the cold cream all over my hand. He began to smear the cream all over my arm, the slippery sensation all over my swollen hand was ticklish as he was pressing gently against my arm. "That feels kinda good...." I said. "Glad you feel that way!" Neville replied. And just like that, Madame Pomfree came bursting through the wing doors. "Neville what are you going my boy!" Madame Pomfree said angrily. "Oh I was just...her hand was..." He panicked. "If her arm was hurting you should've called me! You are not qualified to do this yourself, young man!" She yelled. "Sorry..." Neville sighed. Madame Pomfree proceeded to put the medicine and wrap my hand again with the cloth. "That was what I was do- Okay...." Neville paused as he scratched his head akwardly. "Alright....Now be useful young man and carry Mrs. Pritchett and put her on her wheelchair. I will be packing your medication. Madame Pomfree said as she went to grab a first-aid kit with me. "Grab on to me, Delilah." Neville ordered. "Okay.....here goes nothing..." I took a deep breath as I wrapped my fine arm around Neville's neck. He then put his hand under my ankles and pulled them up. If only I could feel what that was like...."Okay okay...." Neville calmed as he pulled me against his chest. I looked at him as he was struggling to lift me up, he tried to keep eye contact with me, trying and making sure that I'm okay. My hands were hooked to his soft neck like he was literally the reason I held on. He then finally put my on the wheelchair and placed my num legs on the little stools beneath me. "Are you comfortable?" He asked as he tucked my hair behind my ears. "Yeah....I'm fine. Thank you, Nev." I smiled. He took the first aid kit from Madame Pomfree's hands and put it in the bag behind my wheelchair. I was being walked by Neville, who was being stared at because of me.

Neville's pov: "May I?" Draco offered as he put his hand on the wheelchair. "Sure....no problem...." I fake smiled and went along. Its probably for the best.....I don't want to hurt her more than I already did. I packed my luggage and made my way outside. As I was walking through all those students under the silent cold sun and the clouds dancing above us, I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Hey Nevy!" Tracey greeted. "Hey Tracey...." I fake smiled. "What's wrong? Oh no.....did one of your plants die?" She gasped. "Gladly no. But there are lots of things on my mind that's all." I sighed. "Hey, It's a long way on the train. Tell me whatever you need." Tracey smirked as she put a caring hand on my shoulder. I climbed the train, and the wheels on my luggage were too hard to pull up. "COME ON BOY! THERE ARE PEOPLE WAITING!" The driver yelled. "TRY PULLING A 100 POUNDS UP A FEW STEPPING STOOLS WILL YOU?" I yelled back. I entered the Griffindor train wing, and I sat with Harry and Ron and the rest. I laughed and I smiled, but still.....my mind was wondering somewhere, about someone, right around the corner.....

Delilah's pov: Draco helped me carry my wheelchair up the steps tools up to the train. Tracey brought me up to her side of the couch and sat me beside her. "Anything from the trolley, dears?" The candy trolley lady asked as she was passing through the students. "I will have the chocolate frog please! Aaaand I'm feeling like some lollipops today...Wait, is that spearmint I smell?" Tracey picked constanly as she gave the lady some coins in exchange for the lot. "Tracey calm down! Why all this candy? Remember what happened last time you ate that much?" Draco warned Tracey. "I don't know....I just feel funny...like reeeally hungry lately." Tracey said with a mouthful of chocolate. "Can I have some?" I asked with a smile. "Fine....you can have the rainbow gummy bears." Tracey sighed with a smile as she handed me a box of colored gummies. "Hey! We want some too!" Draco said as he reached over to grab a handful. Tracey slapped his hand away which made me laugh so hard. "A girl's gotta eat, Malfoy. Here, chew on some lickerish." She said as she threw them a string of strawberry lickerish. "Oh, thanks for showing us some mercy Mrs. Davis. We can't repay you enough. Yay." Blaise said sarcastically with a monotone. We heard the honk of the train which lead to our next stop. Now, some people like halfbloods and muggleborns stop back to the Kings Cross Station on 9¾ , But purebloods and halfbloods who live in the wizarding world, like Tracey and the rest of us, stop at a specific station. Then each of our gurdians pick us up with their brooms and fly off. When we arrived, we found Blaise's mom, Neville's gran, Draco's father, Tracey's mom, and Blaise's mom. "Welcome back, son." Aziza Zabini said with a smirk. "Hello mother." Blaise replied as he hugged her. "Good to see you, Draco." Lucius Malfoy said as he pulled Draco into an awkward hug. "Yes father." Draco replied bluntly. "Now where are Tracey and Deli...oh dear...sweetheart what happened?!?!?" Tracey's mom noticed as she was looking for me and Tracey. "A tree fell on me at the Yule Ball, and the nurse said that for now I'm.... paralysed. So either I recover, or I stay like this forever." I sighed. "Oh God! Whoever is responsible for this I swear I shall rain hell fire upon him Tracey's mom cried as she hugged Tracey and I. "Now now, Charlotte. Don't scare this young lady. Hey Neville? Is this the famous Delilah you keep telling me about?" Neville's gran asked as Neville's face turned red. "Mhm. Not now, Gran. not now." Neville faked a cough as a sign for her to stop. "Hehehe! Okay then, Off we go! Neville! Grab my extra broom, you're taking Delilah." Gran ordered. "You know what, I think Delilah is better off with Tracey for now. Gran, hold on to me." Neville ordered back. Gran sat behind Neville and flew off to the air. "Need a ride, Pritchett?" Lucius asked. "No thank you. We have an extra broom." I scoffed as I climbed behind Tracey. "Way to make a dramatic exit there, Pritchett!" Tracey whispered. We spotted the rest of the wizarding families flying beside us on their brooms and the clouds swaying playfully against our faces. And atlas, we reached our destination. Tracey's house.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Let the vacation begin! Will this be a holly jolly year for all? Find out in the next chapter!