Chapter 14: Obstacles

Neville's pov: Another week of avoiding Malfoy, and rejecting Delilah. "Are you just gonna let him do that to you?" Seamus said. "I mean, that's his girlfriend, and he's afraid of losing her, that's all." I replied, drinking my juice. "But you can't let him fuck you up like that! You gotta think about yourself for a change! bust his ass to the end of the hall again! Come on!" Seamus said, nugging me with his elbow. "I'll wait a bit to see what happens." I said, looking at Delilah kissing Draco as Seamus sighed. After lunch, we had Hagrid's creature class. It was at night so we had to bring lanterns with us. "Alright class, this is gonna be a bit...unusual. You are gonna need to cast a protection spell against the creatures im going to release on you. And don't worry, if things get out of hand, I will taim them myself. There will not be pairs this time, its every man on his own. So I would like to ask for three students to come up and do the deed. Tracey Davis, Neville Longbottom, and Blaise Zabini."
What in the actual FUCK. A bird flew at my face once and I fell off my chair! "Watch it out there....buddy" Draco teased, laughing with Crabe and Goyle. Blaise however, kept a straight face. I'm not 13 anymore, imma show this fucker that I can kick ass if I wanted to. Hagrid took a deep breath, wipped a black rope against the ground, making that loud sound of some sort of a clap. there were those black and blue large craws, almost the size of a 4 year old, they had yellow beaks and claws of sharp steel. The whole flock came rushing at us, spitting out needles that hit my face and made me bleed bad. "COME ON NEVILLE, DO SOMETHING" I hear Luna shouting from afar. Then I take out my wand and start waving it around
"Protego Totalum!" "Reducto!" We screamed the spells of protection as we blasted those birds away. May I remind you, those birds are extremely powerful, like REALLY strong. As I was casting my spells, Draco decided that it would be funny if he did a spell that broke my wand. The protection bubble broke and my wand didn't work anymore. Then before I knew it, two hungry birds snatched me and Tracey off the ground by our shirts and flew off to the forbidden forest. And after what I have seen in there, I get why they call it the forbidden forest. The birds stopped attacking Blaise and flew off with us in the sky. Tracey was terrified from heights, so she was screaming and crying all the way. I tried to reach over to her to calm her down, but every time I did, A bird plucked my hand and made it bleed. "TRACEY! CALM DOWN IM COMING FOR YOU!" Blaise was shouting along with Delilah and the rest of the class. Hagrid was freaking out. If Dumbeldore had any idea that a student was kidnapped by creatures to the forbidden forest, there's no telling what they would do to him!

Blaise's pov: 1 hour has passed. I couldn't just stand there and let my friends be bird bait in the forbidden forest, I had to do something. "Okay, thats it, I'm going after them" I said, walking wide steps into the woods. "HAVE YOU GONE MAD BLAISE?" Pansy stopped me. "I can't just leave them there, she- uh they need me" I let go of Pansy's grip and sprinted into the forest. Then I heard Delilah run through the crowd and said: "BLAISE, WAIT FOR ME!!"
"WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?!?!?!?" Draco screamed as Delilah caught up with me. We were running through the forbidden forest with no question of what lies ahead. We were pushing back tree branches and kicking crows out of our head. We were on a temple run. Then after about 2 hours of yelling "NEVILLE! TRACEY! NEVILLE! TRACEY!" We finally hear creaking beyond the left side of the forest. "Blaise...Delilah....is that you?" Tracey groaned from afar. "TRACEY, IM COMIN' BABY DONT WORRY! COME ON DEL!" I panicked as I dragged Delilah towards the sound, running and tripping on leaves and logs. "WAIT LOOK OUT! AAAAAAAHHHH" I warned, then next thing we knew, we found ourselves collapsing down from a long hill, our bodies rolling at high speed through the dead leaves and the dirt. And we finally bumped to the end, our bodies covered in dirt and our hair looking like a nest, we looked up, and we found the most horrifying thing. An enormous nest of mucous filling it, and bird eggs hanging by strings and sticky substances on the tall, haunted oak trees. In that sticky nest, we found Tracey and Neville tied down, spread by hands and limbs, covered in strings of disgusting, stiff bird slime and their bodies fully scratched and injured. "O-Over here..." Tracey said in a tired voice, trying so hard to lift her head up. "You're okay Tracey, you're okay..." I climbed over to Tracey and comforted her. I cupped her cheeks as she let out her tears. I grabbed my blade and started cutting through the strings, freeing her. "Save....Neville....first.." Tracey said with a sick, thin voice. Then Delilah reached Neville to find that...his face was bloody, and he was not waking up. "WHY ISNT HE WAKING UP??!! TELL ME WHY ISNT HE AWAKE TRACEY??!!" Delilah panicked, shaking Neville's head. "He was- he was trying to protect me from a bird that was biting off my leg, then he got bitten by his cheeks, and flown away to hit by a pine tree and blacked out. He got hit pretty bad. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have a leg." Tracey cried. "No...NO NEVILLE YOU GOTTA WAKE UP, NEVILLE PLEASE OPEN THOSE GREEN EYES, SAY SOMETHING!!" And without even using a stick, Delilah used her hands to rip out that sticky coating off of Neville. Damn, how strong is she?! She freed his hands and legs as I was pulling Tracey out and pulling her shivering body to my chest. She carried his body and sat him down. "Neville, open up, come on...COME ON!" She screamed with tears gushing down her eyes. She cupped his face, and gently wiped the blood off his forehead. And then, his hand caught her's, and he opened his eyes. "Del-Delilah...is that you?" Neville moaned in pain. "OH THANK GOD! Hey, yeah its me Delilah! yes, you're safe, you're okay" Delilah immediately pulled him into a tight hug. "Hey Del, careful on the hips" Neville laughed. "Oh Oh sorry..sorry.." Delilah replied. "This is sweet and all but, may I remind you that this is the FORBIDDEN FOREST, like, we got lucky finding them before they turned into bird burgers! LETS GO COME ON!" I screamed. I grabbed Tracey's hand and hooked it on my neck, supporting her, and Delilah did the same for Neville. We heard a mist of wind behind us..."Oh shit" Tracey whispered. "What? WHAT TRACEY WHAT?" Delilah screamed. Then Neville turned to us in fear and whispered "....they're here...."
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Wow! That was scary! Will they be able to survive the forbidden forest? What does Draco have to say about Delilah's support to injured Neville? Find out in the next chapter!