Chapter 13: My Girl

Delilah's pov: I've been starstruck ever since the wedding, it was so...magical. it was something out of a children's book. well, except for the making out part. I think he seems more invested in this relationship, like...something new is driving him to stay beside me. maybe its because he feels bad and wanted to make it right. Everywhere I go, he's there! if I was eating at a table with other people, he was there. If I was sitting in class...he was there...if I was ever talking to Neville...he was....there.
I'm trying not to give it much thought, because I don't wanna be too picky. I mean...if anything...its fine! its cute coming from him! We were done with Hagrid's class in that flawless forest, and the sun was shining at the greens around us, everything was so shiny for some reason. But the shiniest thing, was the sun hitting draco's platinum blonde hair. it was like the sun had favorites, and this time he was lucky. he was walking towards me, as the green leaves were blocking the sunlight above him as he goes. then sweet Neville sprints to reach me from behind Draco, and before he could even get infront of him, Draco grabbed him by the shoulder and yanked him to the ground, his back hitting the soil as he grunts. "Hello beautiful" Draco said, casually walking past Neville and tucking my hair behind my ear as he kissed me from my neck to my mouth. "Hey babe" I said, trying to dodge Draco's head to check on Neville, who was now limping. "Uhhh Draco, are u sure Neville is okay?" Then Draco gave Neville a hug by the neck and rubbed his head playfully. "Oh god! you're so sensitive darling! Nevi and I were just messing around, we do that all the time! Isn't that right Longbottom?" Draco said hugging Neville and had a hard grip on his shoulder. "Yeah yeah, haha! yeah we do that all the time! Don't worry I'm fine, he's my buddy!" Neville replied, all playful and cool. "Anyways.." Draco approached me as he pushed Neville away. "Got any plans tonight? maybe I can slyther-in to ur bed at like 8, whaddya say?" He said seductively as he kissed my neck from behind me and grabbed my ass. "Sounds great!" I said, gently moving his hand away from me and smiling. I kissed him goodbye as I went over to Tracey so we could talk about that herbology project we had. I gotta say, that kiss on the neck gave me butterflies.

Neville's pov: This week was awful, Draco and I aren't "buddies". In fact, he has made this past week a living hell for me. He tied my legs together with a limb locking spell, and I couldnt reach my wand at time, so I tripped on my face. Luckily I managed to blow his ass to the end of the hall. He did it to me in my first year, so I would be a fucking coward if I didn't do something about it this time. But unlike this scenario, I wasn't always this lucky. He would fill my shoes with slime and shove me in my locker. And lately, I've been working on loosing weight. and its been good! I managed to get myself out of that closet faster this time! But because its exam week, I've been eating away my stress. So I gained a couple pounds. But when you gain weight while Draco Malfoy is being a dick to you, you're screwed. He would poke my belly with his wand and call me names like "Neville Fatbottom" whenever I walk by. FATTBOTTOM? LIKE, REALLY? I'm well aware of Draco's not-so-great relationship with me, but ever since I started talking to Delilah, it got worse and worse. I'm trying the best I can to put my feelings away, because I can't do that to Draco, but he's making it really hard for me to be nice when he's being an absolute dick. I don't know how much of this I can take. Its hard being insecure about yourself AND avoiding feelings for someone amazing as Delilah. And that "joke" back in the forest, was Draco pulling me to the ground and whispering with a disgusted look on his face: " Back off, Fattbottom. That's MY girl over there." Then he proceeded to walk with a smile on his face, rubbing his lips all over Delilah. Then as Delilah was looking at me, wondering why I was limping, she suspected something. Draco pulled me over and started cooling it down by telling her how we "do that all the time" I mean, he wasnt wrong there. He did do that all the time. " Isn't that right, Longbottom" He said as he has my shoulders being crushed in this grip. He gave me this deadly stare, and raised his eyebrows, then i remembered what he told me when he pulled me up by my sweater when I tripped over from the limb locking spell. "Look buddy, I don't know what the fuck did u do to Delilah this summer that suddenly made u her friend, neither do I give a fuck. But lemme tell you, we worked things out, and we are on great terms right now." "Thats great-"
"YEAH YEAH I KNOW NOW CAN U FUCKING LISTEN" Draco interrupted me, pulling my sweater closer to him. "This is my one shot, and I'm not gonna let someone like you ruin that."
"What do you mean-"
"Oh don't play dumb, Neville. I've seen the way you look at her. The way you are always laughing around with her. Yeah that's not gonna happen now. Because you are the biggest and fattest bastard if u ever think that a girl as beautiful as Delilah is gonna choose someone with those teeth and that big belly" he said, kicking my stomach with his shoe. "Maybe try losing a couple of those waffles once in a while." And that's why I yanked him to the end of the hall. I broke the curse on my legs, and watched him as he was running away like a little coward with his goons. And the worst part is, he is the best with Delilah. The ideal boyfriend, so caring and loving. That's the thing that's keeping my mind at ease, that she is happy. And if I really liked her, I wouldn't tell her anything about Draco's bad side. I mean, that IS his one shot, and he got lucky. My feelings have their way of fading away. Thats called self control...
Right?
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
What does Delilah have to say about Nevile's "friend"? find out in the next chapter!