➪𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠(𝐬): 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠(𝐬): 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐓 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 the air as the two figures paused. The street they walked down was empty, the rows of abandoned buildings and houses lining their path. The only light they had was the dim and flickering street light they stood under. Fushiguro shifted, moving to crouch in front of his returning Divine Dog. Y/n frowned as the snake vanished into her shadow.

“Nothing. What about you?” Fushiguro asked, looking up at her.

“Me either,” She mumbled.

“Well, we can be certain about one thing,” He said, standing to his feet. “Something is definitely going on here.”

“It’s weird,” She stated, glancing down at her phone. “And just what I thought.”

“What do you mean?”

“Look how dark it is, Megumi. It seems like it got dark pretty fast, huh?” The black-haired teen looked at his teacher, eye flashing with realization.

“It was only 2 when we left the cafe,” He said. “This is a curtain.”

“It’s why we haven’t seen anybody yet,” She replied. “Send your Divine Dog back and search for the marker for the curtain. We’ll find who put it up.”

“Okay,”

Sending his shikigami off once more, Y/n paused to allow him a moment to catch up, before they left. He watched as she touched the shadow running along the wall, and formed at least seven snakes as she did.

“Y/n-Sensei, what exactly is your technique?” Fushiguro asked suddenly.

“Why do you ask?” She grinned.

“You have multiple techniques, don’t you?” He said.

“You caught me,” She chuckled. “It’s hereditary. My great-great-grandfather had the ability to see a cursed technique and mimic it almost perfectly. He did something big, I can’t remember, and made it to where it could be passed down through generations. My mother mastered four of them.”

“And how many have you?” He asked.

“I know eight, including my own,” She replied. “Nanami’s Seven: Three technique, Zenin Mai’s Construction, Suguru Geto’s Cursed Spirit Manipulation, Shinohara Rokuro’s Seance Technique, Zenin Family’s Ten Shadows Technique, Kamo Family’s Blood Manipulation, Inumaki’s Cursed Speech, and my own Serpent Eyes and Fang Technique.”

“H-How do you know all of those?” Fushiguro asked in astonishment.

“The ability of the Devil’s eye is to copy, manipulate, and/or destroy. If I want to learn a technique, then I’ll activate my curse. However, unlike my previous family, it takes a lot more time for me to master them. I only copy the basic fundamentals, and then mold them into my own. I used the Ten Shadows Technique to summon the serpents,” She replied, offering her hand to pull him to the roof. “So far, it’s the only one I’ve used in battle. The others take some time for me to remember.”