➪𝐬𝐢𝐱

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠(𝐬): 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠(𝐬): 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 civilians, standing on the sidewalks in the chilly air, cheering at the floats and people who danced down the street. It was noisy and crowded; just what they needed. Gojo pulled Itadori closer to him, glancing around them.

“Gojo-Sensei, doesn’t this make us a little more noticeable?” Itadori asked, pulling his hood down further, and the black face mask up a little.

“Not if we don’t draw attention to ourselves,” He muttered, pulling the teen into an alleyway.

“Where are we even going?” He yawned, having not been able to sleep. Gojo had come in his room as soon as he’d drifted off, telling him to pack a small bag and get his shoes on. From four in the morning until now, around two in the evening, they’d been on the run. Gojo only gave him a limited amount of information, telling him he’d explain more when they were safely hidden away. Itadori hadn’t asked very many questions.

“Somewhere far away from here,” He said, his arm extending over Itadori’s chest to press his back to the wall as a pair of sorcerers walked past.

“Can’t we warp there, like we did that one day?” He asked, slinking after his teacher.

“We need to get away from here first. Right now, we’re masking our cursed energy like Y/n can do. If we warp now, my cursed energy will be visible, and everyone will know it’s me,” He explained.

“Oh, I get it. If they feel our cursed energy, then it’ll make it easier for them to capture us. It’s like a tracker,” He said.

“Exactly,” He grinned.

“This reminds me of that one movie you made me watch,” He said, glancing behind him.

“Yeah?” Gojo said, walking towards the train station. “Well, I hope it doesn’t end like it. The main character dies in that one, doesn’t he?”

“Yeah, but he ends up coming back in the next one. The second movie isn’t as good,” He shrugged, following him onto the train after Gojo paid for their tickets. They walked to the very last car, where only two other people sat. Itadori didn’t pay them much attention when he first walked on, but after doing a double-take, he recognized them almost instantly. Well, one of them at least.

“Haiyaku-san?” He asked in surprise.

“Shh! Don’t blow my cover,” The man teased, standing up.

“What are you doing here?” Itadori asked. He glanced behind him to see Gojo pulling the curtains shut in the train car.

“Who do you think is hiding us away?” Gojo asked.

“And Shota or Sho is fine,” The man chuckled. “The train is heading towards Yamanashi prefecture, which is about 2 hours from here. Y/n’s grandmother owned an old farmhouse that was given to her. I’ve already arranged for everything to be cleaned and turned on for you. You’ll stay there until we can figure something out.”

“Wait, why are you doing this? We’re wanted by the head of sorcery, Sho-san, you can get in a lot of trouble for this!” Itadori exclaimed, but not loud enough to draw attention back to them. “You should go before something happens!”

“It’s too late for that,” Sho replied, holding his phone up. A message was pulled up.

Due to new information, Grade 1 sorcerer, Haiyaku Shota is now wanted for harboring and aiding Gojo Satoru and Itadori Yuuji. He is hereby exiled from the Jujutsu world, and any further involvement will result in the death penalty.”

“Sho-san!--”

“I don’t care about it,” Sho said, a grin plastered on his lips. “This is to help my friends and my family. So being exiled isn’t a big worry. Besides, I was thinking about early retirement anyways. God knows Naomi doesn’t like my profession anyhow.”

“Why are you doing this? You’re throwing your career, your life, all of it away! Just to help a murderer and his teacher!”

Sho grabbed Itadori’s shoulder firmly. “I’m not helping a murderer. I’m helping a Jujutsu sorcerer who is being falsely accused, and a great kid who got mixed up in things that should have never happened. What Sukuna does to you, I can’t imagine and I never could. I can only think about what Y/n has told me before. You’re her student, someone she cared about and protected. So I’ll do the same.”

Itadori’s tense body eased, and he looked away. The train jolted and jerked before the conductor’s voice came over the speaker to announce they’re leaving the station. After the three had sat down with the fourth man, Itadori was introduced.

“Itadori-kun, this is Osaka-san, and he’s a good friend of mine, and Y/n’s family,” Sho said. Itadori shook the man’s hand with a nod. They exchanged the formal: ‘Nice to meet you,’ before relaxing in their seats. “He’s the owner of the foundation that’s watching over Y/n in the hospital.”

“Those sorcerers that stand at the door?”

“Yes,” He nodded. “They have direct orders to block anyone out from seeing Gojo-San at this time.”

“What will be done with her? I know for a fact someone is bound to try to get to her,” Gojo said, crossing his arms over his chest.

“In a few days, your wife will be transferred to a private facility. If questions are asked, then it will be said room need to be made in the hospital,” Osaka explained. Gojo nodded stiffly. “Please, try to relax. Your wife is in good hands. Naomi-san is also within our custody, and is safe as well.”

“Thank you, very, very much,” Sho said, the three of them bowing their heads.

“It’s no problem at all. Now, if you’ll excuse me,”

“Of course,”

The three men watched as he stood, and left their isolated car. Sho sighed heavily, draping his arm over the back of the seats as he closed his eyes.

“Fushiguro and Kugisaki…” Itadori began, making the older man open his dark eyes to look at the teen’s worried face. “What will happen to them?”

“Ieiri is watching them. If I’m not mistaken, the third years and Utahima will be joining them soon,” Gojo replied. “No one thinks they’re directly connected, and as long as they keep low and act brash, then they’ll be fine.”

“O-Okay,” He said, nodding as he shifted in the plush chair.

“Why don’t you two get some sleep?” Sho said. “You both look exhausted. I’ll keep an eye out, and wake you up when we get to Yamanashi.”

“Are you sure?” Itadori asked.

Sho offered a kind smile. “Yeah. Rest. God only knows when the next time you’ll be able to relax is.”

....

➪𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞