➪𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠(𝐬): 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞 :)

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠(𝐬): 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞 :)

𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 thigh, glancing at the woman beside her. The sound of the velcro ripping apart filled the air as the blood pressure cuff was removed. Ieiri lowered the stethoscope from her ears, draping it around her neck. Clicking a pen, she scribbled something onto the clipboard laying beside Y/n.

“140 over 90 is considered hypertension,” Ieiri said, sighing softly. “Your heart rate is too high and so is your blood pressure. I’m sorry, Y/n, but I can’t let you go anywhere until it’s down.”

“Shoko--”

“No,” She stated firmly. “It’s too dangerous, even for you. It doesn’t matter how high your pain tolerance or your cursed energy is. You’re still human so you still have human organs.”

“Shoko, please,” She begged. “I’ve been in here since I left! You haven’t let me do anything!”

“Because you’re under surveillance,” She replied, flicking Y/n in the nose, making her recoil. “Not many people are happy that you’re awake, so I have to make sure you’re in tip-top shape before you go anywhere.”

“But I can’t go twelve meters down the hall to see my students?” She asked, rubbing the tip of her nose. “You’re taking this a little too far.”

“Hm. No, I’m not. I care about you, Y/n,” She said.

“I know, Shoko, but come on!” She said, throwing her head back. “This is ridiculous!”

A small chuckle escaped Ieiri’s lips, making Y/n look at her. Ieiri smiled at her, messing with the end of her hair.

“What?” Y/n questioned. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“You’re acting like you did before,” She said, stepping forward to wrap the woman in her arms. Y/n looked at her with surprise, shocked by her sudden sign of affection. Nonetheless, she returned the embrace.

“What do you mean by that?” She asked. Ieiri squeezed her tighter.

“Before him,” She said quietly. “You seem...happier now.”

Y/n’s hold faltered for a moment, before returning. She chuckled. “I am.”

“Great!” Ieiri said. “You can go now.”

“Wait...seriously?”

“Yup! I just wanted to hug you. Your vitals are normal for your body and your energy now. They’ll interchange between Ryujin’s body and yours, so they’ll never be the same,” She said, offering a smile, holding a small wrapper towards her. “Candy?”