Chapter 8

Narrator: Dr. Psychobos

Chapter 8

I tried to court the beautiful mercenary but she didn't seem interested in me. The girl just seemed keen on doing her job. After several nonverbal gestures, I tried talking to her.

"Miss Archangel, do you wanna chat?" I asked.

"What would we talk about?" she pondered.

"Anything you want," I responded.

"You Vestronians own a lot of slaves, right?" she asked.

"Yeah, we do..." I answered puzzled.

"I'm thinking of buying one, I wanted to know how I should train it?" Archangel said eyes narrowed.

I thought about the slaves I had bought in the past. There was one that particular that always stood out. A twelve-year-old avian girl who questioned my every order. She was a chieftain's daughter of the Red Raven tribe. The last I saw of her, she blew up in a spaceship while trying to steal it. However, Archangel probably wouldn't be interested in a story like that.

"Let's not talk about that, what guild are you from?" I asked.

"I'm a loner, Doctor" she responded.

"Oh, I just got a message about Agga, Doctor," she said.

"Good news?" I asked.

"He's being held prisoner by the Galvans," Archangel told me.

"That's bad news," I said.

"Don't worry, we just gotta run an errand, it's on the way" she laughed.

Maybe my exile was going to be hell after all...