𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

Start from the beginning

After I head downstairs, I was met with everyone waiting for me, eager to see me and give me tips for my first day of school.

Scott made it clear that it was very important to make friends and to just be myself, while my father also made it clear to keep my identity a secret and to not mention anything about the 90s.

Wanda gave me more tips to help control my powers in case my emotions go sky high for whatever reason. Finally, Sam, Bucky, and Clint told me to just have fun and to enjoy it which I really appreciated.

"Maia, I also forgot to mention that Happy is going to take you to school since it's about a 20 minute drive." My dad says as he takes a sip of his coffee.

As if on cue, Peter walks in with an excited look on his face, making it clear that he was just as excited as I was to start the new school year.

"Hey everyone! Good morning, Maia. Are you ready for your first day of school?" He asks as he takes a seat next to me at the table.

My dad clears his throat and says, "Parker, are you forgetting something," while pointing his finger between the two of us. Peter mutters an "oh right" and scoots a bit away from me.

"Really dad? How many times do Peter and I have to tell you, we're just friends!" I say to him as he just gives me a dumbfounded look.

"I just want to make sure, don't want any little Starks running around the compound anytime soon." My eyes along with Peter's widen at my dad's comment.

Peter even becomes a stuttering mess saying, "Woah um....w-we haven't d-done any-anything like that sir!" I add on to the rant saying, "seriously dad! N-No oh gosh that's...that's weird! We're just friends!"

Soon enough, Happy thankfully walks in to end this awkward conversation and tells us that's it was time to go. Peter and I say goodbye to everyone and we follow Happy to the car.

While on the way, I begin to rant to Peter which is something that I typically do when I'm nervous.

"I'm so nervous, I haven't been to school in twenty-five years! Well for me it feels like it's only been eight months, but it's actually been twenty-five years! What if everything's different? What if I make it obvious that my social skills are out of date? What if-"

Peter cuts me off and try's to calm me down. "Maia, don't worry. You're the coolest person I know! Plus, we have most of our classes together. You'll be fine, I promise." He then gives me a warm smile which helps to calm me down a bit.

Like I mentioned earlier, ever since I came here, Peter and I have been inseparable. He always does his best to make me feel comfortable in the compound and he's kept me up to date with everything, from social media to new music.

I don't know what I would do without him.

With all that being said, I'm sure that most people would assume that I have a crush on Peter...and maybe I do.

It all started when crimes were at a low one day in Queens, so Peter decided to visit me.

FLASHBACK:
July 13th, 2020