16. Reality in Dreams

Start from the beginning

His deep brown-black hair tousled, elegantly falling on his forehead. His alluring eyes closed peacefully as his thick, long eyelashes covered them, without leaving any wrinkle. His heart-shaped face sculptured as if carved by the god himself. His prominent cupid's bow lips chapped into a thin line. A cute mole on the tip of his perfect, sharp nose adding an another charm. 

Her hands couldn't help but tucking his luscious locks behind his ear, that were tickling his eyes. 

"You know...you're even more cuter in sleep." she mumbled to herself, not removing her eyes for once.

She got speechless when he unconsciously pulled her into his arms. Her cheeks flushed with crimson hue. Her heart skipped a beat, and butterflies flew fast circles in her stomach. Her palms sweating as her hands placed on his back. She could hear the music of his steady heartbeats as her head resting close to his chest. She felt herself pressed in his tender arms, soft and warm. 

In his embrace the world stopped still on its axis. There was no time, no wind, no rain. Her mind was at peace. She let her body sag, her muscles became loose as she didn't realized when she fell asleep in his gentle embrace. 

It felt like everything had a touch of magic, as if anything might happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Guys hurry, come here!!" Jimin shouted, resulting in waking everyone up.

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes, only to be met with a beautiful girl whom he was unknowingly clutching in his arms. 

He got up haltingly, making her woke up too. 

"S-sorry, I-I don't know how?! I-It's just my habit." he scratched the nape of his neck nervously, at a loss of words.

"Let's go!" they walked to Jimin, avoiding the awkward situation.

There was an eye-popping view in front of them. 

A magical waterfall swishing over the rocks joyfully. It had a beautiful serenity pool at bottom. Run off water tingled the rock as it seeped away, distilled as pure and clear as an angel's tears. Starting from it's very top, it had a series of colors. It was painted with aquarium-blue that turned into amethyst then to magenta, followed by the orange and gold, plunged into the depths of a crystal clear pool.

"Wow!" that's all that could came out of their mouth.

As they began to get closer, the humming sound vibrated in the air that sounded pleasant but unusual to their ears. 

"Ouch!" Hoseok backed off his fingers as soon they came in contact with the water.

"Why? What happened?!" Yoongi asked to figure it out.

"Yaa! He got a burn on his fingers." the older exclaimed.

"W-what?" they all shouted as they withdrew their steps from near the waterfall. 

It was apparently a serious burn as if caused by an acid. 

On the other side of the stream, they noticed that the flowers which were blooming, merrily welcoming the fall before were now nothing but a withered away mess. 

They realized that it was only the illusion of their eyes, which drawn them into a trap.

Hoseok's fingers were still burning with sensation. 

Meanwhile, Moon got an idea. Her eyeballs turned ice blue as she formed an ball of ice above her palm. She passed that to him to put it onto the affected area. 

"Argh!" Hoseok shrieked in pain. To his surprise, he felt better. Like the ice did magic and his skin was healed.

"Thank you Moon!" he held her hands in his.

"No no, it was nothing." she replied with her best smile.

They walked through the woods in silence. There they found something peculiar.

A painting.

A few words engraved on its wooden frame.

"A painting requires a little mystery, some vagueness, and some fantasy."

Author's Note:

How was the chapter? Was it too much? But I think this was needed just to gave them some rest. I'm excited about your reaction!

Have a nice day ahead!! Please take care and stay safe. See you in the next~

I purple you 💜💜💜