A Second 'Home', and a New 'Friend'

Makis' POV

After all the guests left, I stayed up. We were both 'put to sleep' by our 'parents', but the sound of voices woke me up quickly. I checked to make sure Kokichi was sleeping, and sure enough, he was. I slowly walked on my heels towards the sounds' origination. It turned out, Nagito and Hajime were talking about something. I wasn't close enough to hear, so I kept inching closer and closer, until I was so close, I would've been caught if I weren't an assassin.Hiding in the shadows was a skill of mine, and I used it wisely. I focused my hearing onto the conversation, and this is what I heard:

"-ess they do need an education. They can't stay home with me every single day. I have arsons to commit, people to blackmail, and you to cuddle!"-Nagito

"I agree with everything in that sentence except for the arson and blackmail. Do you think we should send them over to the daycare that Ms.Yukizomes' friend opened up 2 months ago?"-Hajime

"Yeah, sure! The closer, the better! After all, Ms. Yukizomes' orphanage, or house, is actually pretty close to the daycare! What was the daycares' name, again, Hajime?" -Nagito

"I think it was called..'Dreamland Daycare'..?(Thank you NameRetii for the name suggestion!)"-Hajime

"Yeah! Thanks, Hinata-kun!"-Nagito

"Can you just choose between calling me Hajime or Hinata-kun? It isn't that hard to se-"-Hajime

I stopped listening in on them after that. I figured that there wouldn't be anymore useful information after they started fooling around. I headed back to the room quickly, and quietly. When I reached the room, I saw that the lamp(just pretend there was one on the nightstand between the beds) was turned on, and Kokichi was biting a piece of his hair in concentration(My friend has long hair, and they do this when they're thinking, or just bored). Then, he looked up at me, and smiled.

"Sorry I'm up so late, Maki. I woke up because if a nightmare. Mommy and Daddy were crying and yelling about something, but not at each other. They loved each other." He said.

My stiff body slacked. I felt sorry for him. I slowly walked towards him, and gave him a short, yet comforting hug.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there the comfort you when you woke up, Kichi. I'll be there forever, I promise." I said.

I knew it was a lie. Eventually, either him or I would die. I just wanted to keep him happy, and away from the sour, burning truth.

Kokichis' POV

I didn't have a nightmare, and I felt bad for lying to Maki about it. I'm starting to feel nad for a lot of things. Is that good or bad for my health?

Anyways, Maki didn't sneak out, which probably meant that she had no job. I recognized her soft snores, and quickly got out of bed. The, I stretched, and got back into bed. Tell me, what did you expect me to do?

I woke up to a bright ray of light shining on my left eye. I opened my right eye, and got out ot the rays' beam. I strecthed, and yawned. Then, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped, and made a 'Eep!' sound. That (s word) was embarrassing. I turned around to see who had tapped me, and of course, it was Maki.

"Dad and Papa(look she's faking it-Author) want us to go to the kitchen to eat breakfast. Then, they're gonna be taking us somewhere." She said.

I nodded, and she left the room, leaving me privacy to get dressed. I silenetky thanked her for that privacy, and changed into comfortabel clothing I found.

(What he wore: Light yellow sweater, white undershirt, black shorts, below the knee socks, and later on, he's gonna be wearing pale yellow sneakers.)

I walked out, to see Maki eating cereal. I couldn't identify the brand, but it was amazing. I didn't eat much of it, since I wasn't too hungry. I wasn't a pig, and I knew when to stop eating.