The Beginning(Kokichi)

A/n-A little reminder, that this is unlike my one shot book! I will not put an A/N at the top every chapter, because that gets annoying to read! If any warnings are wanted for this chapter, then my warning is that if you really love Kokichi, and hated his death, skip to the big letters that say (DEATH OVER)! Reminder, the (Kokichi) thing on the title kind of sets the POV, even though it's stated before anything else happens! I hope you enjoy!

Kokichis' POV

I'm Kokichi Ouma. I'm Kokichi Ouma. I'm- who am I again? Right. A victim to the hydraulic press. The victim of Kaito Momota. The smell of sulfur and iron running into my nostrils. It was terrible. Now, that was over. The cold, crushing feeling of the press was now over. The pain of the poison leeching energy from my body is now over. It was all done. I was happy. Dissatisfied. Maybe glad..? I remember.

(DEATH OVER)

My name is Kokichi Ouma, participant of the killing game. I was the 10th person to die, and I planned out my own death. A white light blurred my vision, and I saw...Rantaro?! He's dead. He's dead. Nii-chan is dead. Why is he here? He looks younger...Wait, this isn't Rantaro. It only looks like him. Suddenly, I was pulled into a warm hug. I buried my face into the yellow fabric. I didn't even know who was hugging me, until I looked up. It was a younger version of Angie. No...it wasn't Angie. This girl had pale skin. "Why are you crying, Kokichi?" She asked. Well, actually, it was a bunch of slurs in baby talk, but I understood. "H-huh? I'm not crying!" I said. Obviously, it came out as more baby slurs.

"Yes, you are! Tell me why you're crying!" The Angie imposter stated. "I-i don't even know.." I answered her quickly. Truth be told, I missed everyone. The survivors. The deceased. I missed Kirumi and Kiibo the most. Kiibo was interesting, and Kirumi was my mom! Suddenly, I was picked up.

I started to investigate my surroundings. It was an orphanage. I was wearing an oversized baby blue sweater, and small black sweatpants. I looked at who picked me up, and it was a woman with orange hair, and a bright smile. She looked to be in her 20's. "Kokichi, why are you crying? Did something happen?" I shook my head, and wriggled out of her grasp. I free-fell back into the crib, and she gasped. Before she could grab me again, I quickly wiggled through the bars of the crib, and onto the floor.

The floor was soft and padded, thank Atua. I started crawling over to the drawing papers, and saw another child who looked my age walk over to me. Oh (s word). That's Maki, isn't it? I recognize that hairstyle and eyes. Her eyes looked more blood thirsty than in the game. Oh (S word). (S word), (s word), (s word). She's quick. Way faster than I am while crawling. I quickly made it to the drawing papers, and started scribbling.

I had no idea what I was scribbling, but all I knew was that it was blood pink(yes, they are aware that the blood is pink), and a human being was there. It took Maki about 4 minutes to walk from her place to me, and the woman only followed Maki, probably making sure she didn't fall.The woman, or caretaker, picked me up, and brought me to a door in the back. She carried my over to a secluded, yet large area, and began to cradle me. It calmed me, until Maki walked through the door. I started involuntary shaking, and the woman softly looked me in the eyes. "There is no need to be scared Ouma. I thought Maki was your friend!" Friend? Hold up. That's cap. No way on Atuas' green, polluted earth. I'm friends with the Maki Harukawa?! That's a sick joke.

Suddenly, she walked up to me, and hugged me. This isn't something you come across everyday! I hugged her back, and I saw her smile. I started to giggle. A cute, childish giggle. The woman picked me up again, and walked back to the main room, followed by Maki, who could walk on her own.

We returned to where I was drawing, and when the woman looked at what I had drawn, she gasped. I looked at it too, quite confused. Oh. What I had drawn wasn't exactly..friendly?