Chapter 5

To

She'd just experienced a shuddering orgasm on my lap, but I wasn't quite finished. I threw her down on the bed, and with her hair wild and spread around the pillow like that of a goddess, I crawled over her body, nudged her legs apart and guided myself into her again. Fitz hadn't fully recovered and was unable to form words, but she inhaled a sharp breath and smiled lazily when our hips met.

I always looked forward to that – her breathless smile as our pelvic bones first connected in a deep thrust.

There were other things, too. Things I knew about her that nobody else knew. Things I knew about her that I'd never known about anybody else I'd been with. Like how she would sneeze when she first became aroused. How her milky white inner thighs were ticklish, especially when I blew on them or trailed along the sensitive skin with my tongue. How she buried herself in the crook of my neck to muffle her voice when she was perilously close to the edge. How her long legs would wrap around me, hook me in and pull me closer, like they did that night.

Feeling her walls clench around me as she rode the waves of her orgasm had gotten me close, and a series of quick, deep thrusts with me on top was all it took to drive me to the brink. Once I released, I tangled a hand in her hair and rested my forehead against hers as I whispered unintelligibly while catching my breath.

It was the second time for us since entering the hotel room. Coupled with the emotional events of the wedding day, it was safe to say that we were spent.

I rolled off of Fitz to give her some breathing room, still cursing under my breath in satisfaction, and quickly disposed of the condom before rolling back onto my side and wrapping her up, one arm sliding under her neck and the other around her waist. She nuzzled into me after I planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Mm," she breathed as she settled in, that light little hum I so adored. Her fingers left my forearm to lightly graze my cheek. "I love you."

Smiling, I pressed a kiss to her head.

There were new tidbits to uncover every time, but already there were so many things I'd memorized about her. My favourite was that one: the 'I love you' after sex. Cliché as it was, Fitz couldn't help her sentimental feelings in the post shag delirium. I didn't mind. Those were words I'd rarely (if ever) heard before her, and I knew from the gleam in her eyes that whenever she uttered them, they were true.

We lay there in silence for several minutes, our heart rates returning to normal as we breathed each other in. Fitz, whose extremities were beginning to chill beneath the blankets, tucked her feet under my legs as she always did. I was drifting into a blissful sleep, but when I opened my eyes a crack every couple of minutes just to check, Fitz continued to stare solemnly at the ceiling.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked, sensing she was in turmoil over something.

"Us," she replied simply.

"What about us?"

"How things were off with us this week." She sighed. "How I missed this more than I realized until now."

Frowning, I cuddled her in. I'd missed it, too. We hadn't slept together since before the news of the pregnancy. Even then, though we had sex a few times a week, it had been a while since it had been like this. Hungry and desperate.

"What would we have done?" I asked, eyes closed and lips brushing her cheek. "If we were really pregnant?"

She expelled a dissatisfied breath. "Harry," she said warningly.