21

"Prince George? Is that you?"

George's POV

"Shit," Techno swore, "we need to leave now."

Sapnap nodded and George grabbed their arms. "Wait."

They looked at him confused, Punz was making his way down the stairs. He would be there soon.

"You need to run," George said quickly, "He saw me already. I'll just say I escaped, but you need to run. I'll find my way out. Tell Dream that I'll handle it."

Sapnap began to protest when Techno interrupted, "Alright. I'm trusting you, George."

George nodded. Techno grabbed Sapnap's arm and ran. George scrambled to find a lie. Punz descended the stairs. George took a deep breath and pretended to be out of breath.

He ran up to Punz and embraced him, "Punz!"

His guard hugged him back, confused.

"I-I got out." George fake panted, "T-they kidnapped me. They were going to kill me."

Punz pulled away and looked at George, his face soft. "You're here now. Who took you?"

"I-I don't know. They c-covered my head with a cloth," George lied.

Punz nodded. "We should see King Schlatt."

George's stomach dropped. "No! Can I go to my room? I'm so tired."

Punz was hesitant to agree, so George continued, "T-they were going to kill me."

George's eyes welled with tears. He had some honesty behind his fake crying.

Punz nodded reluctantly. "Alright then, but you need to see your father as soon as you're well rested."

"Thank you, Punz," George said gratefully, he missed his guard.

Punz took him to his room and stood outside his room. George paced his room, drying his tears. He looked for a way to get out of this place.

Being back in his room only reminded him of how much of a prisoner he was. How much of a useless prince he was. George decided to rest so he could clear his mind.

~

He woke up the next morning alarmed. It took him a moment to realize where he was.

George sighed. He remembered how much he hated his stuffy bed with his silky sheets that still managed to scratch him.

He wished Dream was there. He wanted someone to talk with. George stood up quickly and started getting ready. He needed to figure out how to find a way out.

"Are you awake, Prince George?" Punz asked from outside.

"Yes," George called back, "you can come in."

Punz walked in and bowed. He gave George a smile, "We caught your captor!"

"What?" George asked frantically, his face paling.

He tried not to seem worried. He needed to pretend he was happy to fool Punz.

"We caught him trying to assassinate King Schlatt last night." he replied.

George's stomach twisted. That meant it was either Dream or Karl.

It also meant the Dream lied.

George plastered a smile on his face. "Can I see him?"

"Why?"

"I- uh, I want to know who captured me," George lied quickly.

Punz frowned. "We're interrogating him currently. I'm sure you can see him later."

George's face fell. "Interrogating?"

Punz nodded in confirmation. "He took you, the Prince, hostage for two months. We want to know why and how. Also, it is essential that we learn more about the rebel organization."

George swallowed and nodded. He turned around and hid his face. He took a deep breath. George needed to save Dream.

Punz took this as dismissal and left. George racked his brain for options.

He hated Dream for lying.

But that wasn't going to stop George from trying to save him. He decided to speak to his father. George left his room to find Schlatt. He walked through several hallways and opened the door to the throne room and faced his father.

"George!" Schlatt greeted, "I'm glad you're okay."

George nodded. He saw the man from before standing behind Schlatt. It was Quackity. A dark bruise littered his face. George winced in remembrance of yesterday's scene.

"What are your plans to do with Dr―, uh, my captor?" George asked.

His father frowned. "That traitor will get what he deserves."

George's stomach twisted. "Can I speak to him? I want to ask him some questions."

"No. He will only be seeing guards. I assure you, everything will be done to get him to talk."

"Please," George asked quietly. He hated pleading to his father. "Just for a moment?"

Schlatt's eyes narrowed. "I said no and that's final. Now go back to your room and leave me to do my work."

George didn't move. He scrambled for another excuse. At George's stubbornness, his father nodded to Punz. George could've sword he saw Quackity send him a reassuring look.

"I'm sorry Prince," Punz muttered.

He grabbed George's arm and led him out of the throne room. George didn't struggle, he just followed Punz quietly. Punz stopped in front of George's room and led George in.

George sighed and sat on his bed. He rested his head in his hands.

"I'm sorry, I'm just following orders," Punz said with a sympathetic look.

"I know Punz," George replied grimly, "that is your job after all."

Punz frowned. He started to close the door and said, "Enjoy your free time, Prince."

The door closed and George leaned back on his bed.

"Some prince I am," he muttered, "more like the prince of nothing."

—————

a/n - see where the title comes from? :)

short chapter with a lot of info. Sorry for cramming that on you.

I don't really have anything to add. Karl, Sapnap, and Techno did make it out. Dream is the one captured, I figured that was implied.

anyways, drink water please.  ILY!!! <3