12

George's POV

George and Dream ate lunch before leaving the base.

Dream took George into a small stable with several horses. He started grooming one and George watched curiously.

"Where are we going?" George asked.

Dream hummed, "You'll see."

Several minutes later, the white mare was groomed and tacked up. Dream led his horse out of her stall.

He swiftly mounted the horse and held out a hand to George.

George gave him a incredulous look. "Why can't I have my own horse?"

Dream chuckled. "Do you know how to ride a horse?"

At George's stubborn expression Dream continued, "Besides, I can't risk you galloping off into the sunset."

George scowled. He reluctantly grabbed Dream's hand. Dream pulled him up smoothly behind him. George struggled to get comfortable.

"Why do I have to sit on its rear?" George complained.

Dream laughed, "Because I need to control her. Also, there isn't enough room in front of me. It would be a weird seating."

George's mind immediately went to a dirty place. He flushed and rubbed the back of his neck.

Dream pushed the horse into a walk and George yelped in surprise. He hugged his arms around Dream's middle tightly. He felt Dream's body shake in laughter.

"Where are you taking me?" George asked, trying not to panic.

"Somewhere."

George scoffed, "Oh wow. Somewhere. Yayyy."

"Feeling sassy today George?"

"Feeling annoying today Dream?" George retorted.

Dream wheezed, "Oh George, you really crack me up."

"What a shame you aren't funny enough to make me feel the same way," George snickered.

"Hey!" Dream protested, "It's not my fault you have a horrible sense of humor."

George laughed. Dream urged the mare into a trot and George shouted in surprise. He squeezed Dream tighter and buried his head in Dream's back. He closed his eyes tightly.

"Want to go faster?!" Dream teased.

"No!" George shouted.

Dream chuckled and pushed to horse into a steady gallop. George screeched. He didn't think it was possible to squeeze Dream any tighter. He kept his eyes closed.

"Dream! Slow down!" George yelled.

Dream sighed and pulled the horse back down to a walk.

"What is wrong with you?!" George exclaimed.

He loosened his grip on Dream and relaxed now that they were going at a slower pace.

"What can I say? I like it when you're close to me." Dream said.

George flushed. If he could've, he would've moved away from Dream, but he couldn't do that. Not when they were on a horse.

"No comeback this time?" Dream teased.

"I'm too busy trying to figure out how to get revenge," George replied.

Dream laughed. They went into a comfortable silence. George studied their surroundings. Dream was taking them through a wooded forest. It was a beautiful sight. George wished he could see all the colors. The large trees provided ample shade. He observed the multiple squirrels and rabbits. Mushrooms decorated the trees with a calming presence.