6

George's POV

A week had passed and George still hadn't joined their side. He was doing it on purpose. George couldn't just hop onto their side immediately, could he? No, that would be too suspicious. So George feigned slow trust of Dream.

He pretended to consider joining them. It wasn't hard, they didn't expect a lot out of him. George just sat around all day with people trying to convince him.

It was always the same. His father was bad, his people were starving, the guards were brainwashed, blah blah blah.

Okay, so maybe he made the last one up, but the group told him the same things over and over. It was repetitive and boring. They never gave proof of what they claimed against his father, so how was George supposed to believe them?

Dream had finally given him a tour this morning and George now knew this gist of how to escape.

He wondered what his father was thinking right now. Did he think George was dead? Did he send scouts to find him? He doesn't know if his father would do that, after all they weren't close.

He sat on his bed quietly in the room they had given him. It was connected to a bathroom and was spacious, so George wouldn't feel like he was being imprisoned. But he still felt like a prisoner. They locked his door every night. George scowled at the thought.

It was a good thing he knew how to pick locks.

He watched the sun set through his sealed window. It was the perfect night to make his escape. He had gotten a tour and the group had started to become more at ease with George.

Once the sun had long past set, George pulled out a pin he found in one of his drawers. He slide the pin in the lock and heard a quiet click. George cheered internally and crept out of his room. The hallways were empty and silent. He walked through them quickly, making sure to keep his feet quiet.

He racked his brain for the route out. He took a left, his heart racing.

"Going somewhere?" a gruff voice asked.

George froze and turned around. Techno was giving him a deathly stare. He held a long dagger in his hand. George took a few steps back.

Techno let out an annoyed sigh. "I would kill you if I could, but Wilbur ordered me not to."

George's shoulders slumped in relief. "I guess I'll just go back to my room then."

Techno laughed darkly. "I don't think so."

George scowled as Techno grabbed his arm. He pulled George down a few halls and stopped in front of a door. Techno took a step in front of George and knocked on the door.

He pointed his dagger at George. "You try and run and this dagger will end up in your leg. Got it?"

George gulped and nodded. Techno turned back to the George and knocked again, "Dream? I have a surprise for you. Oh, and you might want your mask."

Dream? Why was Techno taking him to Dream? He heard muffled noises and the door opened. Dream tensed when he saw Techno with George.

"What are you doing with him?" Dream asked, his voice hoarse, but completely alert.

"I found him wandering the halls," Techno said. He grabbed George's arm and pushed him to Dream, "He's your problem. Deal with it."

Techno huffed and strutted away. George turned to Dream and gave him an innocent smile. Dream sighed and ran a had through his ruffled hair. George noticed the mask was on loosely, compared to how it was during the day. The edge of Dream's jaw was poking out.

Dream crossed his arm and leaned against the doorway. He muttered, "What am I gonna do with you?"

George mimicked Dream and crossed his arms. He puffed his chest and sneered at Dream. Dream chuckled.

"Well, there's only one place you can sleep tonight so I know you won't run off." Dream said and looked to his bed.

George flushed. "No! It's fine! I won't escape! I promise."

George could sense Dream's smirk. "For some reason, I have a feeling you won't keep that promise."

George couldn't think of a response. He gave Dream a defeated look. Dream tilted his head and motioned for George to enter the room. George sighed and walked into the room. It was similar to his. He heard the door shut and the lock click. George looked at Dream questioningly.

"What? I know you can pick locks, that much is obvious. But it'll slow you down if you try to run," Dream explained.

George scrunched his nose. Dream laughed and walked to the bed. He laid on the left side, which was closer to the door. Dream looked at George expectantly. George sighed and laid on the right side of the bed. He shifted under the blanket and laid on his side, facing away from Dream.

Dream poked his back. When George didn't respond he poked him again. George let out an annoyed sigh and turned to face Dream. He narrowed his gaze at the mask.

"You're really going to sleep with that thing on?" George asked skeptically.

"Yep."

"Isn't that uncomfortable?"

"Yep."

"Are you going to be annoying all night?"

"Yep."

"Is that the only word in your vocabulary?!" George exclaimed, he was very annoyed.

"Yep."

George rolled his eyes and turned back around. A finger poked him in the back.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" George shouted and sat up.

He glared down at Dream, who was snickering behind his mask.

George crossed his arms, "You're such a child."

Dream's shoulder shook with laughter, ever proving George's point. He kept his glare on Dream as he wheezed. Dream eventually quieted and watched George curiously.

"Fine I'll stop now." Dream chuckled.

George kept his arms crossed stubbornly.

"Geeoorge," Dream whined, "sleep please. I'll be mature now!"

George sighed and laid back down, facing away from Dream.

"I swear to god, if you poke me one more time I will kill you in your sleep," George muttered.

Dream let out a noise that sounded like a pout and shifted his weight around. Dream settled down and George relaxed.

He felt his lips tug up in a smile as his eyes drifted closed and he let sleep take him.