20

George's POV

George, Dream, Sapnap, Karl, and Technoblade left the base within an hour of waking.

They packed the gear and supplies. George and Karl were given armor for the first time. To George, it was an awkward feeling. He wished he had some experience wearing it, it was going to get heavy eventually.

Their journey to the castle took most of the day like Dream said. They set up camp a few miles away from the castle to rest for a few hours before they went in at nightfall. George wandered out of the temporary camp and looked for something to do.

He felt hands push him against a tree and he immediately knew who it was.

Dream started kissing his neck and murmured, "You look so good in armor Georgie. I couldn't get you out of my head all day."

George flushed, but he wasn't in the mood for this. He was too concerned about their up and coming mission. Dream continued to suck on his neck and George shoved him off. Dream stumbled back, giving him a confused look.

"I'm not in the mood," George muttered.

Dream's face softened, "Do you want to talk about it?"

George chewed on his lip as he thought. He nodded and sat down in the grass, his back leaning against the tree.

Dream sat across from him and looked at him patiently.

"It-it's just, I―," George searched for a way to start, "I don't know. I think I'm ready to see whatever you guys are going to show me, but I'm afraid that when I see it, it will change everything. I know things will change either way, but..."

"... you don't want things to change," Dream finished for him, "you're scared to make the next step in betraying Schlatt and joining a rebellion."

George nodded. He swallowed and leaned his head back against the tree. "Exactly."

Dream looked at him thoughtfully. "You're really brave for doing this. I know it must be really hard... just listed to your gut and what it tells you to do."

George wondered why Dream used gut instead of head or heart. Dream was telling him to follow his instinct instead of logic or emotion.

Techno walked out from behind a tree. "We're gonna leave soon, so get ready."

"Already?" Dream asked.

Techno nodded. "Yeah, it'll be quicker if we go now. I know a better way in."

Dream and George stood up and followed him back to camp. Sapnap and Karl were chatting about something completely random as they cleaned up the camp. Once the camp was cleaned and organized, they split into groups.

Techno started walking to the castle, Sapnap following behind. George went to follow when Dream hugged him.

"I believe in you, George." Dream whispered into his ear.

George nodded and pulled away. Dream gave him a reassuring smile as George turned to leave.

That was weird. Dream had never hugged him before. It was very... comforting. George's stomach fluttered and he shook his head, trying to focus on the task at hand.

George walked beside Sapnap as they followed Techno into the castle. George was surprised when Techno led them through a secluded tunnel.

"Spooooky," Sapnap whispered with a grin.

His voice echoed quietly down the tunnel and Techno glared at him. "Shut up."

Sapnap grinned mischievously. He turned to George. "What's got him all cranky?"

George shrugged and the teased, "He must be lonely. Poor Techno."

Technoblade sighed. Sapnap chuckled, "Does Techno not have enough fulfillment in his life? I hear George's sex life is pretty good."

George flushed and slapped Sapnap's shoulder, "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Nothing! I'm perfect!" Sapnap whisper-yelled back.

"For the love of god! Will you two shut the fuck up!" Techno whispered loudly.

Sapnap scoffed, "You shut up, you grouchy, sexless motherfucker."

Techno groaned in annoyance. "Assholes, both of you... I miss going on missions alone."

Sapnap and George shared a grin. Their giggles quieted when they neared the end of the tunnel.

Techno peaked out and gestured for Sapnap and George to follow him. They snuck down several hallways. George's quick steps faltered when he heard his father's voice.

"I told you that I needed more information!" Schlatt shouted.

George peaked his head around the corner. He saw his father and some man. The other man was backing away in terror.

"Please, Schlatt, I'll get you more information by tomorrow!" the man said, his voice hoarse.

"I didn't make you my right hand for nothing Quackity." Schlatt yelled, his voice slurring.

"I know! I won't let you down again!" the man—Quackity— pleaded.

George flinched when he saw his father's fist connect with Quackity's face.

Schlatt held Quackity's shirt in his fist. "You have until this time tomorrow to give me a better report."

Quackity nodded quickly and scrambled back from Schlatt.

A hand grabbed George's shoulder. George looked back at Techno. Techno looked at the scene unfolding in front of them unsurprised.

"Let's go," he said gruffly.

George nodded and briefly glanced back at Quackity before following Techno. The trio continued through the castle undetected by guards. Sapnap and George followed Techno down several stairways. They stopped in front of a door and Techno turned to face them.

"Don't let anyone see you," Techno warned George, "It's common knowledge that you're missing. If one of the prisoner's were to see you, they would sell you out in a heartbeat."

George swallowed and nodded. He hid slightly behind Sapnap. Techno opened the door quietly. They walked into a dusty room. Groans of men filtered out through the walls. They seemed to be in a passageway behind rooms or cellars or whatever was in there.

George gave Techno a confused look. Techno just jabbed his chin in the direction of a hole in the wall. George quietly walked forward and peeked through the whole. Inside he saw several cells with men. They were all severely dehydrated and starved.

George could see the bones through their skin. Abscesses of decayed skin littered their bodies. The men in the cells had long, gnarled hair and gaunt eyes.

George flinched and looked away. It didn't look like anyone was caring for them. All they had was a bucket of stale water and same moldy hay to sleep on.

"Why are they in there?" George asked quietly.

"For getting on Schlatt's nerves." Sapnap said, his face twisted in anger.

"This is only the prison," Techno muttered, "you can only imagine the torture chambers."

George paled and Techno continued quickly, "We won't be going there."

George sighed in relief. The image of those ghastly men would forever be imprinted into George's mind.

Chains clanked from a cell and Sapnap whispered, "We should go now."

Techno nodded in agreement. They left the old passageway quickly and climbed back up the stairwell.

"Prince George? Is that you?" Punz shouted from a level higher.