44

"Come on." Toms encourages me as we walk down the street. We had been walking for ten minutes now and I was absolutely done with whatever Toms was going to bring me to do.

"I dont want to," I complained as I planted my feet into the cobblestone path. 

Toms huffed. "Come on Bree it's just further down the road."

I raised a brow at him and stared him down for a second before walking past him to the end of the road. I swear if it weren't for Toby and Toms I would be a permanent couch potato. Honestly, it seems like a great profession, better than a serial killer.

Sadly, he catches up to me but I dont let it stop me. We hit a turn in the road and he turns left so I follow. 

"Here it is."

I look at the Ice cream parlour standing to my left. Its colourful shutters and neon sign stand out against all the old buildings around it. I look in the window and see that only a family and old couple sit in the parlour. 

I turn to look at Toms. "I hate you a little less."

He grins wider and I have to suppress my smile as well. I can't let my frown slip and give in the to fact that I actually like this outing. Toms literally dragging you from your house on a Tuesday night may have been annoying, but the ice cream was definitely my love language. 

I walked in first and went straight towards the worker. I didn't even have to look at the menu to know my order. 

"Can I have a vanilla ice cream cone please?" I asked as if I was talking to Toby or Toms. 

"I'll have a chocolate ice cream cone," Toms said from behind me. 

Toms paid for the both of us; since he didn't tell me to bring money. I was going to sit down with my cone but Toms just exited the building and I begrudgingly did as well. He just walked down the road we came from and I followed. 

We ate in silence until Toms finally said, "why vanilla ice cream? You could have any other flavour."

I gave him a surprised look. "Because I like vanilla ice cream, isn't that enough?"

"I guess so."

Toms finished his cone first since I was just a slow eater. It took me a good extra minute to finish mine. Once I finished it Toms looked at me funny.

"What?" I questioned.

Toms stifled a laugh. "You've got ice cream on your nose."

"Is that a problem?" I said seriously, crossing my arms. 

"No," He laughed.

I rolled my eyes and whipped my nose with the napkin. "There, happy?"

"Yes, very." 

"So brought me here for ice cream?"

"Yes, why?"

"You brought me on a ten-minute walk to buy ice cream."

"Uh, yeah?"

"You realize you could have just bought a tub of ice cream from the market that is a minute from my place," I tell him.

"Yes but this way I get to spend more time with you." 

I groaned.

"Don't you like spending time with me?" Toms questioned while bumping my shoulder with his arm technically cause I was just too short. 

"No, I do."

"See, everyone loves spending time with me." He said proudly.

Yeah, some people might even say they love you. I just smiled and put my hands in my pockets. He was my best friend and that's all we were ever going to be. I couldn't ruin the relationship with my feelings, they'd go away eventually.