19

It's Monday and I honestly feel a lot better. I think leaving the house and talking to Toms did me some good. Of course, I'm not one hundred percent but I never really was to begin with. But maybe Toby was right and I just needed someone new to talk to during the hard times. 

Now I was driving to school with Toby and had just dropped off Ava. I parked the car in the parking lot and turned to Toby. 

"I'll see you in math?" 

Toby seemed hesitant but he nodded. I got out of the car and made my way to the side door. Once inside I grabbed my books and made my way towards my English class. I sat in the back of the class and opened up my book. 

A few minutes later a voice said from behind me. "Hello, Woman." 

I jumped and lost my page in my book. I turned around and there stood Tommy, grinning.

"Do you always have to scare me, Toms?" I whisper harshly.

"It's not my fault you zone out when you read."

"What do you need Toms?"

"I just wanted to talk."

"What does just wanting to talk consist of?"

"Talking"

"What if I don't want to talk."

"Well then woman your just going to have to get over yourself."

I shake my head and go back to reading my book. I hear Toms sigh and then my phone starts to vibrate. I close my book and grab my phone.

Bree and Tommy's message

Toms: Come on woman

Toms: You're boring

Woman: I'm reading.

Toms: Speak woman

Toms: Woman

Toms: Woman

Toms: Woman

Toms: Woman

Toms: Woman

Toms: Woman

Woman: If I talk to you will you stop?

Toms: Yup

I put my phone down and turn around to face Toms who is leaning against the back wall of the class. I raise my brows and wait for him to speak up.

"So?"

"Well, I w-" he was cut off by the school bell. I grinned and turned back to face my spot. I watched as he walked back to his spot and went back on his phone. I looked down and saw texts on my phone.

Bree and Tommy's messages

Toms: You're a very lucky woman

Toms: We are going to talk later then

Woman: Why?

Toms: Because we didn't get to talk before

Woman: :(

Toms: You can't just put a sad face

Toms: That's not a response

Woman: Is too.

Toms: Now who's the child

Woman: Did I ever claim otherwise?

Toms: Your impossible woman

Toms: The teacher is boring

Toms: I'm bored now

Toms: Are you good at writing essays?

Toms: I'm not really good at essays

Woman: Shhhh.

Toms: You can't shush me

Toms: That's not allowed

Woman: Well one of us is actually trying to pay attention.

Toms: Why would you pay attention?

Woman: Because it's my favourite class.

Woman: And I'm missing it because of you.

Toms: Is that why you always put a dot at the end of your texts?

Toms: Are you like one of those fancy people who likes words?

Woman: I put a full stop at the end of my sentence because it's proper punctuation.

Toms: How are we friends?

Woman: I'm not even sure.

I smile and look up at Toms. He turns around for a second and send me one too. I feel my smile widen and I look down to my books to try and concentrate. The teacher is telling us about an essay we have to do and I start to write down some possible thesis statements. 

I listen to the teacher for the rest of the class until the bell rings. Once the bell has rung I hear footsteps coming towards me. I already know that it's Toms. I pack up my things and place them in my bag. I get up and see Toms is on his phone. 

I roll my eyes and shove him playfully. He doesn't budge but looks up from his phone and follows me out of the classroom. We fall into a comfortable silence as he leads me somewhere. I can only guess it's where Toby is. 

I honestly should have memorized toby's schedule, I add it to my mental list of things to do. We reach Toby and I smile and wave at him. 

My social anxiety was getting better but I wasn't about to talk surrounded by crowds of people in the halls around us. That was different than in the back of the class, or in a cafeteria booth or in the library. Each of those situations were different then masses of body's walking through halls.

"How was class?" Toby asked.

Toms groaned. "Boring." 

Toby looked at me and I shook my head and smiled. He knew how much I liked english.

"Well, it looks like you both are getting along," Toby commented.

"Of course we are," Toms says before putting an arm around my shoulders.

 I immediately took a step away from Toms and narrowed my eyes at him. 

Toms sighs and shakes his head. "I try Toby I really try, she is impossible." 

Though I know his comment was just playful I go to Toby's side and keep glaring at Toms every now and then. 

We split a little later and head to our own classes. The day is somewhat the same except for lunch. This time it's Toby who drags me to the cafeteria and towards their favoured booth. I respond by reading silently in the back of the booth as they engage in conversation. At one point, I'm not sure when though because I just looked up and he was there, another boy joined them. Toms seemed to know this boy and I guessed it was one of his old friends. 

Other than the new person in the lunch booth nothing exciting happened for the rest of the day.

But tomorrow would be majorly different. 

A/n: 

this chapter was supposed to come a day ago along with the next one that will be posted soon after. Sadly I got obsessed with three new series and just binge-watched two of them in under 48 hours.