29

I sit on the couch next to Ava while watching Lilo and Stitch. It's Saturday morning and I slept in until 10:00. So I had only been up for around a half-hour. 

I was laying down across the couch while Ava snuggled against my chest. I played with her blond hair as I listened to the movie. Sometimes Ava would look up at me and start mouthing the conversation as if she was saying it and I would join as any of the side characters. 

I heard a soft buzz and groaned as I moved to grab my phone from the coffee table. 

Incoming call...

Toms

I answered it and pressed it to my ear. 

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Hello, woman." He said nervously.

"Yes?"

"So I have a proposition."

"Big word."

"Yes, and I am a big man so I get to use big words."

I laughed. "Okay."

"Remember that day on the beach when I asked you if you'd ever been on a roller coaster?"

"Yes, I told you I would never."

"We are going to the fair."

My heart stopped. I hated going anywhere but the house or school. Did he really think I was leaving the house?

"That sounds more like a statement than a question."

"That's because it is. You have no choice woman."

I roll my eyes. "And if I say no and lock myself in my room?"

"Then I'm going to kidnap you."

"Didn't realize you've upgraded from stalker to kidnapper."

"Shut up woman. Be ready for 1."

"I'll be in my pyjamas and watching some Star Wars," I say before hanging up the phone. 

I had no intention of going to this fair and every intention on watching Star Wars later. Speaking of watching Star Wars I needed to get Toby on board with my choice of movie marathon. 

I moved from next to Ava and went downstairs to the basement. I heard voices coming from Toby's room and expected him to be talking to one of his friends. As I got closer I heard some parts of the conversation. 

"I panicked." I heard Toms say nervously. My brows furrow at why Tommy was talking to Toby. 

Toby laughed. "You can't just demand that a girl goes out with you."

"But what if she said no?"

At this point, I was entering the room. I was really confused about what they could be talking about since I had literally just gotten off the phone with Toms. 

"What if who said no?" I questioned as I entered the room. I really hoped Toms was the only one on the call with Toby. 

Toby turned to look at me, his facial expression shocked. 

"AHHHH WOMAN." I heard Toms yell. He genuinely sounded terrified and I giggled. 

Suddenly there was no sound coming from Toms and I looked to see their call ended. 

"It's nothing important. It has to do with the SMP." Toby said nervously. I was so confused on both their reactions to me entering. If it had just been about that then Toms shouldn't have freaked out that bad. Plus we literally had just gotten off the phone.