7

The next day I pull into the school parking lot, not sure what to do. Toby said that he wanted me to meet up or text his friend, something I didn't want to do. But his friend said he was looking for me. Did Toby give him a picture of me?

I look around the parking lot for anyone suspicious. There seemed to be no one so I quickly got out of my car I walked inside and went straight for my locker. I grabbed my English books and made my way to the class. It was pretty empty so I sat at my spot and took out my writing notebook. 

Whenever I was stressed I would start to come up with some writing ideas. It was good for me because I was anxious about things I couldn't control to go my way, like how other people act and react. 

I write a stalker one. It seemed right for the occasion. I got about a page and a half about the storyline and characters by the time the bell rang and class started. A few kids came into the class late, they had done the same thing yesterday. They were on their phones and laughing about something. 

The teacher glared at them but they sat in their seats and kept talking. At this moment I felt a bit like Charlie, the main character from The Perks of Being a Wallflower, he usually observes and doesn't participate. 

The teacher clears her throat and the three boys finally stop talking, though a blond one keeps staring at his phone while she talks. The teacher talks about the book and asks everyone to read a few chapters of it. I just sit back and keep up the stalker story in my notebook. 

I'm glad that our teachers don't care to help me catch up, it gives me the time to do it on my own. It also saves me from some interactions. The class is over too quickly for my liking and I head over to my next classes.

By lunchtime, I had petty much just spent all of my classes just doing some catch up to where they were at. It wasn't too difficult since I had learnt similar topics at my old school. At lunch, I headed again to the library.  Once again I checked my phone and found some text messages.

𝗧𝗼𝗯𝘆: 𝗛𝗲𝘆 𝗕𝗲𝗲, 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝗠𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗮𝗳𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗺𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆?

What? Why did he want to play Minecraft? This was an odd request. Not that we usually didn't play together but It was just that right now we didn't play often. 

Bee: Sure, after Ava goes to bed though.

Then I checked my many texts from Unknown. 

𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻: 𝗪𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻, 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗼 𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝘂𝗹𝘁?

𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻: 𝗗𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝗹𝘂𝗻𝗰𝗵 𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴? 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗳𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗮 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗺𝗽𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀

𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻: 𝗪𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻, 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳, 𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲

𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻: 𝗧𝗼𝗯𝘆 𝘀𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘂𝗽. 𝗜𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗷𝗼𝗸𝗲?

I sigh before another text from him comes in. 

𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻: 𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻

𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻: 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲? 𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲

𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻: 𝗦𝗲𝗲 𝗜 𝗮𝘀𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗳𝘂𝘀𝗲𝗱

How dare he! I clearly don't want to be found, why is he helping Toby so much? I decide to break it to him how crazy he really is. One word, nothing more. 

𝗕𝗿𝗲𝗲: 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗲𝗿.

𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻: 𝗪𝗢𝗠𝗔𝗡 𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗞𝗦

𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻: 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗜𝗦 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗦

I internally laugh and turn off my phone. Going back to my books. I decide that talking through text is easier than in real life. I don't have to do much other than type words every once in a while and this person barely knows me. It's like having a conversation without having to speak to the person.

***

I get home and take the keys out of the car. I grab my satchel and get out of the car. I go over to the back of the car and open the door and help Ava out. 

"Weeee!" Ava said as I pulled her off and onto the ground. I grabbed her bag and locked the car doors before following her back to the house. It takes a while for me to find the right key and I fumble around the lock for a second. My phone starts to buzz as soon as I get inside. 

I take off my shoes and help Ava with hers. I then bring our bags to the kitchen and help Ava sit on the counter. I check my missed calls and see that Toby had called me. I press the call back button and hand the phone to Ava. 

I grab our lunchboxes and open them up.

"Tubbo!" Ava says happily.

"Hey, Ava!" He responds. "Is Bee there?" 

I hum in response and I look back to see Ava nod. 

"Heard you finally texted my friend back." He says.

"I called him a stalker." I correct him.

"You still texted him. It's progress." 

"Nope," I said popping the p. I started to place the dishes in the dishwasher. "You've got to stop making him look for me." 

"Only if you start to actually answer his texts." He negotiated. I groaned. "Socializing with someone other than me and Ava will do you some good."

"No. It brings anxiety, Toby."

"Bee, you can't be alone for the rest of your life."

"I'm not alone." I defend. 

"What do you even do at school?"

"I do homework and some catching up," I tell him matter-of-factly.

"Where do you go at lunch?"

"I'm not telling you! You'll tell your friend."

"Fine." 

There is a bit of silence as I finish with undoing our bags.

"So are you still up for Minecraft?" He asks.

"Of course I am."

"Good. I have a surprise."

"Can I know?"

"Nope, it ruins the surprise."

"Meanie." 

"Don't worry."

"I worry all the time Toby."

"I know you do, but for once just relax a bit."

"Okay."

"Good, talk to you tonight."

"Bye."

"Bye."

He hangs up and I take the phone from Ava. I put a clementine that is already prepared for her to eat into a bowl and hand it to her. 

"Let's go watch a movie," I tell her with a smile. Something to distract me enough not to worry about tonight.