My eyelids start to open more, but not fully.

My body is starting to wake up, I feel pain all the way through my body but more specifically in my leg and my hip.

What the fuck happened. 

I feel a tug in my mouth and feel as though my lungs are being ripped out.

I take a sharp intake of breath and feel every inch of whatever is in my mouth and throat being removed.

Suddenly I am given a reprieve and take a big gasp of air.

That fucking hurt. 

"Waa tha...hee... lll" I try to verbalise my thoughts, still unable to fully open my eyes but light is starting to filter through my eyelashes. 

"BABY!" I hear.

I try to hone in on the voice and focus my thoughts.

"Baby, oh my god, you are okay" I hear the voice start to get closer to me and suddenly feel a weight to the right side of my body, I try and angle my eyes down and notice a blob of brown.

I close one eye to focus on the image. 

It looks like hair, well hair attached to a head. 

I hear a sob.

"oh my god, I can't believe it" I hear mumbled directly into my ear.

I recognise the voice instantly.

"Mi... Mila" I mumble out. 

I try to lift my hand to be able to feel something.

I can just about wiggle my fingers, it was an improvement on just my thumb, but as quick as I wiggle them they are gripped into what I can only assume is her hand. 

I feel wetness against my hand and my arm being lifted up and the weight that was previously on my right hand side lift.

I see someone to my left but I can't make them out, they are holding something.

"Here, let me give her this, it will counteract the sedative and she will be able to regain movement and sight quicker". The voice states. 

It is not one I recognise.

But it sounds male. 

I feel a sharp prick in the back of my hand. 

Ouch, motherfucker. 

Suddenly a coldness is running through my veins.

It is not pleasant.

Is this heroin?

As quick as the coldness spreads I can see the blurriness in my eyes begin to fade. 

The room is silent.

I blink, for what seems like hours, but must have been minutes.

The ceiling starts to come into view.

It looks bland.

It looks like a hospital ceiling.

I start taking in my surroundings.

I hear beeping. 

It's regular.

I slowly start to move my head from side to side, loosening up my frozen neck, I catch a glimpse of what I assume is the source of the beeping. I notice the squiggle move frequently and the numbers next to it.

A heart beat monitor. 

I follow the wire from the machine with my eyes all the way to the little clip on my index finger of my left hand.