Chapter 1

I had accompanied Camila to a few award shows, when I was able and not in work. If I couldn't go it would be her mom or her dad.

This was my first time at The Brit Awards, it was cool being here.

As a British person it was like a childhood dream to be watching the show from the floor of the arena. I had watched it religiously as a child with all my family growing up.

The show was going good; Camila had opened the show and was amazing as always and now I was waiting at the table for her to come back.

At these award shows it's weird they seat a random stranger in the artists whose just left chair to stop there being empty spaces. The break just started so the seat warmers have just left, Camila should be back any minute and the remainder of the table should be joining us.

I think because of my job I am highly observant and I have watched at least 15 people shuffle around me, it's crazy; imagine that being your job.

My internal thoughts are cut off when I see Camila in the corner of my eye, she's off to the far right talking to some guy, she's back in her dress she arrived in not the outfit she performed in.

I notice how relaxed with him she is throwing her head back laughing and touching his arm. I then see her fiddling with her fingers and I notice that the ring I gave her, my grandmother's ring is not on her left ring finger, it's on her other hand.

My mind is screaming what the absolute fuck while my face stays completely neutral.

Did she switch it before her performance?

I pull my phone out and start searching the Internet for pictures of her performance; they will be on social media somewhere. I find a picture of her on twitter and notice that the ring is on her engagement finger during her performance.

What?

So when did she move it?

Okay maybe I am just getting paranoid now. I continue to watch her and I think my subtly is faltering.

I am just out and out staring at her now.

She is so animated with that guy; this is clearly not the first time they have met.

Who is he?

She sure as shit hasn't introduced him to me and I know most of her team by this point.

I see him lean down and whisper something into her ear and I see her turn into him, I can read her lips and she says "what" like she's struggling to hear.

The next thing that happened made me grip my seat so hard that I nearly drew blood.

The assholejust took his finger and moved her hair to get better access to her ear, and he grazed her neck at the same time.

She did not flinch!

To her it seemed entirely normal. I think I even saw a slight smile on her face.

My stomach dropped and I was struggling to control my anger now. I knew I had to get control and started remembering my breathing techniques but I've always found it is just easier for me to remove myself from trigger situations.

I checked my phone, I had been on my own now for nearly a half hour now and I wish I hadn't checked, my patience was wearing thin and I am on the verge of going over there but I am worried as to what I would do.

I feel like a fool.

I go to get up but feel an arm push me back down. "You can't leave we don't have a replacement for you, only the celebrities, you can only got to bathroom on the break and the break is nearly over" this smarmy guy says to me.

I look up at him and he must have seen the pent up anger in my eyes he looks scared. Good.

"I am going to the bathroom, so I suggest that either you remove your arm or I remove your arm... from your body" I coolly say to him.

"oh...okay.. Sorry yeah please go" he releases me and runs off.

I get up and make my way to the bathroom I look back and Camila is still speaking to that guy, she didn't even notice I was gone.

I make my way to the ladies and I just lean up against the sink, I run the cold water and remove my watch and roll up my sleeves before placing my wrists under the water trying to cool my body down.

It may work on my body heat but my anger was still there, I was struggling to get control this time.

It scared me.

The last time it rose like this I ended up in that hellhole. I had changed since then; I was not going to let some jealousy ruin that.

I took my phone out and called the only person I know who could make me forget about this bubbling heat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------