Chapter 46: This is For The Better

Depuis le début

"What next event?" He asked. "Wala naman nang ibang mangyayari 'di ba?"

"Wrong." I firmly said. "I have a rough idea on what's going to happen next."

I stood up and opened the door. Agad kong nakita ang isang lalaking nakasandal sa pader, nakakrus ang kanyang mga braso at nakangisi. I snapped my fingers at him, hoping that he'll look at me but he didn't.

Ano kaya ang iniisip niya?

"Cali!" I raised my voice. At last, he looked at me with his eyes squinted.

"What's your problem?" He asked me. "I was just enjoying the feeling of knowing the possible moves of the opponent. You know, you will feel superior if you have also experienced it."

"It's no time to feel superior, we need to go to the haunted house." I replied that made him squint his eyes more. "Let's just go. If I were to tell you the whole story, I know you wouldn't believe me."

"Fine with me. I don't want to lend my ears to something unbelievable." He said, nodding. "So, why are you in such a hurry?"

"How did y- nevermind that." I said, shaking my head. "Something might happen over there. They just said that we need to go there and stop her brother."

"They?" Horace butt in. He closed the door of the room just beside me.

I nodded. "There were actually two of them. I heard then calling each other Ate Karmayne and..." I stopped, trying to remember the other one. The name was very very familiar. "Xy- Xyres? Xyril?"

Nakita ko ang biglaang pagtingin sa akin ni Cali at Horace. Nanlaki din ang aking mga mata nang mapagtantong kilala naming tatlo kung sino ang nagmamay-ari ng ikalawang pangalan na binanggit ko.

"Cali?" Horace called. Cali suddenly went outside. He shifted his gaze from the path Cali took to me. "I get that the name of his friend was there but what I don't get is why did he walked away?"

"You two, hurry up and get in the car." Sabi ni Cali habang nakasilip sa pintuan. "We need to get there as soon as possible, right? Then there's no need to waste time. Every second counts."

Agad naman kaming lumabas ni Horace at sumunod kay Cali. There was already a police car waiting for us at the entrance. Inspector and officer Suarez were there, waiting for us to hop in the car.

One by one, we went inside the car. Cali was the first one to enter in the backseat, next me and then Horace while both inspector and officer are sitting in the front, with the steering wheel on the hands of officer Suarez.

"Where's our destination, detectives?" Inspector asked us.

"To the haunted house near Eudayme's apartment." Cali answered. "We need to get there as soon as possible. We don't know what might have already happened in there as we speak, but just hurry."

"Why do we need to hurry?" Officer Suarez asked. "At tsaka bakit doon sa haunted house na iyon? May nahuli na naman bang nagdadrugs doon tulad noong dati?"

"No!" I said to them. Napatingin silang lahat sa akin dahil sa biglaang pagtaas ko ng boses. "Keep your eyes on the road while driving."

"Oh, sorry about that." Officer Suarez apologized while his brother, Horace laughed in a low tone.

"So why?" Si inspector naman ang nagtanong sa akin.

I don't know if I should tell them about my dream because that dream was bizarre. But the person who is most likely to not believe in my story about my dream believed in me and was the first one to take action. Maybe telling them won't hurt.