꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕 ꧂

Start from the beginning

He was not greeted as kindly as he greeted her, in fact, he wasn't greeted at all. "What do you want?" She practically growled.

Stefan's eyes flickered between her and Damon who smirked as he poured a glass of bourbon. "Uh..."

"I haven't had my coffee yet, Stefan." Skyler told him sternly, "What in the world could you possibly want?"

"Do you have plans today?" He asked biting the bullet.

Skyler blinked. "What?" She asked incredulously.

Before Stefan could repeat himself, Damon set a cup down in front of Skyler. "Coffee." He told her.

Skyler smiled at him, the first smile she had put on all day. "You are now my old brother." She told him.

Stefan's eyes widened. "Skyler!"

"Why thank you." Damon responded with a grin as he sipped his bourbon.

Skyler returned her gaze to Stefan, in truth she had nothing to do today however she had a feeling whatever he had planned was the opposite of what she would ever want to do. "I have some business to attend to today." She told him sipping her coffee.

"Business?" Stefan asked a brow arched, "What business do you have in this town?"

Skyler shrugged. She had no clue what to say. "A couple of old friends are nearby." She answered without thinking, "Gonna meet up."

Stefan raised a brow, concern in his eyes.

"Nobody dangerous." She assured.

Stefan relaxed, Skyler always had a way of reading him and she was glad she still could.

"Do I know them?" Stefan asked curiously now.

Skyler shook her head. "I met them after..." she trailed off, cutting her sentence short.

They all knew.

"Anyone cute?" Damon said sitting down with his second glass of bourbon.

Skyler rolled his eyes and ignored him.

꧁꧂

Later that day, Skyler was sitting in the park, her second phone in her purse, and the phone her brothers knew about turned off beside the phone in her purse.

She was staring at the clouds in the sky, her thoughts miraculously calm. She had told Stefan and Damon she had to go when she saw Stefan start to get a bit too curious about when she had to go, however, she had nowhere to go, so she came to the park.

A few kids were playing nearby, their parents watching them closely but beyond that, she was alone.

Her phone buzzed in her purse, her senses, despite her being relaxed, were on alert due to the uneasy feeling that she had yet to shake despite hours going by with nothing happening.

She sat up and pulled out her phone, she had no messages or missed calls. Her brows furrowed and then she pulled out her second phone, sure enough, there was a message there. A few actually, all within the last minute and all from the Mikaelson family.

She started with Kol's, wondering if he had finally decided to respond to her message from this morning.

Koala
Oh yes, something very interesting.
Come to 3124 Dobrev Drive soon, my gem.

She furrowed her brows. She didn't recognize the address but she knew that street was somewhere in Mystic Falls, if she remembered correctly it was on the outskirts of town.

Skygem
Why?

While she waited for a response, she checked her other messages. They were all along the same lines; come to 3124 Dobrev Drive soon.

She wasn't sure, but she thinks they wanted her to go there soon.

Her phone buzzed again; Kol had replied.

Koala
Just come.

Sighing, she stood up, grabbing her purse and slipping the phone inside. Within seconds, Skyler was out of the park and on Dobrev Drive.

She was right, the road was on the outskirts of town on the side opposite where the Salvatore home was. The house wasn't anything out of the ordinary, it seemed like a simple house so she didn't know why they had sent her here.

She walked up to the door with a deep breath and rapped her fist against the red door. Within seconds, it had opened to reveal...

Kol.

Her breathing stopped, her eyes wide as Kol grinned at her, that smile she had missed so much bringing chills to her arms.

"Kol." She breathed out, frozen in place.

"Sky." He responded, just as breathless as she was despite knowing she was coming.

Skyler blinked, tears coming to her eyes.

Kol opened his arms without a word, knowing what she wanted; what she needed. She came into his arms without hesitation and wrapped her arms tightly around his shoulders while he wrapped his around her waist.

"I've got you." He whispered, "I'm here."

She couldn't hold them back anymore, the tears began to fall right onto his shirt.

"I don't know what to do." She whispered, she knew if they were around they would all hear it no matter how quiet she was, but the soulmates knew the words were just for him.

꧁ 𝟷,𝟸𝟹𝟺 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 ꧂