chapter 30: nine and a half hours

En başından başla

"I'll call Mitch, he has a key." He says closing my door and running to the other side. He quickly pulls out of the driveway. Harry then pulled out his phone quickly so he could call Mitch.

"Hey man, can you come by and check in Kitty later? Jules is in labor. Yeah. Got to go. Kay. Bye."

He lazily tosses his phone into the cup holder and reaches out so I can hold his hand. "How are you feeling? You okay?" I squeeze his hand every time a wave comes through.

"In pain, lots of pain, lots of it." He steps on the gas a little more so we can get to the hospital. "Why is there so much fucking traffic?" Harry ask aloud letting his anger get the best of him as he hits the steering wheel with the palm of his hand. Traffic is stop and go right now. I'd probably be getting annoyed too but the pain is swarming my mind.

I lean my head back and close my eyes. "It's okay, we are almost there, it's okay." He says affirmingly over and over again.

We finally pull into the hospital and Harry pulls into the ER parking lot me. He hops out first and goes in the back seat to grab both the bags. Then he goes to the front passenger to get me out slowly. This is hell.

He supports my weight in his arms as we slowly walk to the doors. A nurse runs out with a wheelchair and ushes me to sit. He hands it over to Harry and tells us to follow him. He quickly guides us through the hallways and all the way to the pregnancy center. Harry keeps one hand on the handle bar guiding me and one hand on my shoulder so I can lay and rest my head on his arm. He is so comforting.

We finally get into a room. The nurse and Harry help me get into bed. He begins taking vitals and having me remove my pants so he can check to see if A.) my water actually broke and it wasn't something else and B.) to measure my contractions.

He said that I was about 4 centimeters dilated and he is going to bring me into a different room, the delivery room, and get me set up. He said he needed to get a doctor so we can start but first he had to set me up with everything.

Now the nurse and Harry help me strip out of my clothing and into a hospital gown. He puts in an IV in my arm and explain he'll be back shortly before leaving.

Now we are all alone in the actual delivery room, fear overtakes me once more as the adrenaline of getting here runs off. "Harry," I whimper out while holding his hand still, "I'm scared." This room is much better than the first one we were in. This one has pretty wallpaper and there is even a big comfortable couch and chair so Harry can sit.

"I know you are, I know." He stands and wraps his arms around my head and pulling my into his chest. "I'm right here, I'll be here the whole time, I won't leave your side once." He pets my back and kisses my head. He just stands there holding me and continuously just telling me it is all going to be okay.

The doctor comes in with 3 nurses following her

The doctor comes in with 3 nurses following her. "Hello I am Doctor Shay, I will be helping you deliver this baby." She says shortly while reading a clipboard. Doctor Shay helps Juliette get situated for her knees are bent up so she can have the perfect view and access for delivering baby Madeline.