chapter 22: the gift

"Harry is literally never here and I never see you getting on him for it!"

"Harry works by commission, you work by your hour, stop comparing the two, they are very different!"

I'm not even in the shop and I can hear the two bickering loud and clear.

"Oh that is complete bullshit!"

"Don't make me fire you Sophia, I don't want to but I will. Don't test me you have been getting on my last nerve."

Mitch had been complaining about Sophia for the past two weeks now. Everything he says about her has been extremely negative which is so off base from how he normally is.

"You're just babying him because he knocked up some girl and is a daddy now!" Sophia was screaming at this point. I don't know who woke her up on the wrong side of the fucking bed but that was way too far. Today is supposed to be a good day and she is killing my mood.

"Hey guys." I walk into the store and they both whips their heads towards me. Mitch has a small smirk while Sophia had bright, wide eyes.

"Hey daddy, I got your package." Mitch rustles around below the counter before pulling out a brown packaging box. I had to get it delivered here since I couldn't risk it going to the house and Jules finding it.

"God, thanks so much Mitch. You're a complete lifesaver." I take the box and open it up to make sure what I need it in there.

"Whats the package for?" Sophia ask me walking over slowly wanting to be nosey and see what's inside. "Wouldn't you like to know." Mitch snorts out walking over to clean up the store a bit.

"You don't need to be rude, Mitch. I was just asking Harry what that was." Sophia leans over my shoulder to see the contents inside the box but I shut it before she does.

"Just a little present for my baby momma, nothing that important." It's actually very important. I spent a lot of money on this "gift" so it could be perfect for her.

"You've never gotten me a gift before." She pouts a bit. I've always found Sophia very attractive but recently I have been seeing her in a way different light. She has a very ugly personality and it has reflected to her physical looks.

"Well you and I have never dated before and you aren't the one holding my daughter. Plus this is a very special gift, something only Jules can get."

"Oh speaking of daughter, Sarah told me you decided the the name, it's very cute. I'm glad you two finally figured it out, I was tired of hearing you two argue." Mitch laughs at us still on the other side of the room with his back to us listening in to our conversation.

"Yeah, I forced her into the car and wouldn't take her home until we figured it out. It was pretty effective."

"So you just kidnapped the poor girl." Mitch throws a shirt over at me hitting me near the face. I throw it back nailing him in the back and making him mutter "asshole."