chapter 5: i thought you were asleep

Juliette's Kitchen ^^^^

When I awoke, Harry was nowhere to be found

I sat up and looked around but his clothes were gone.

I don't know if I was expecting him to stay with me. I don't know if he slipped out after I fell asleep or if he woke up first and just dipped but it was safe to say I felt a little disappointed.

My dress and sweater were laying neatly over the back of one of one of my sitting chairs but there was no sign of him anywhere except the lingering smell of his cologne.

"Kittyyyy!" I yelled across the house to Kittys room, "I'm Saddd! C'mere!"

A pudgy little pup starts running through my door and leaps onto the bed.

He nuzzles himself into my side, he is good at deciphering my emotions. Ever since I found him on the street as a tiny pup he was always in tune to what I was feeling. Thats how we found one another. I was having a terrible day and I sat down on a bench and the small little puppy came to my feet and nudged them with his head.

I bent down to pick him up and I brought him home and officially had my very own kid.

"He left me," I say to my little guy rubbing his head "its not like I didn't think he'd stay with me, I just assumed he would wait until I woke up and give a crappy excuse as to why he could never see me again."

Kitty looked at me a pitiful look and then he stood up and started to whine. He had to go out.

I go to get out of bed but I am sore as fuck. Like I am hurting, but the good hurting.

I waddle with Kitty following behind me and I let him out doors to the grassy section away from the pool.

I go in the kitchen to get Kittys food dish and fill it up, also replacing his water with a fresh bowl and put it outside for Kitty whenever he gets hungry.

Turning to the counters to make myself a glass of water my front door opens very quietly and closes.

I slowly tiptoe over to the living room to see Harry taking off his dress shoes at the door, still wearing my sweats, his dress shirt from last night buttoned up, and his hair going in every which direction while holding a small grocery store bag.

He turns around and jumps out of his skin when he sees me.

"Fuck! I thought you were still asleep." He says scratching the back of his head with the hand not holding the bag.

"I just woke up a couple minutes ago, what are you-" I start to say with my brows frowned in confusion but he cuts me off saying "Oh I wanted to sneak out and get you the plan b before you woke up but obviously that didn't work." He lets his words fade out at the end of his sentence and letting a small laugh out.

"Oh I am on birth control Harry, but thank you though." I say turning around to walk back into the kitchen to my water.

"No. You said last night you would take it." He says following behind me.