44

Gu Miao was awakened.

The lights on the roof were dazzling, and the gloomy pain in his heart came up again. He forced himself to close his eyes and stop thinking.

But the person who came was unwilling to push him hard, "Young man, young man, wake up and see what I've lost? Maybe a thief has entered our house."

The nerves in Gu Miao's brain tense instantly. He jumped up from the bed suddenly, flipping his bag almost frantically.

Ok.

He firmly held the re-adhesive greeting card and the gold-rimmed glasses in his hands, and heaved a sigh of relief.

Fortunately, these things are still there.

The person next to him sighed helplessly, "Who told you to read this? Why are you stealing such a worthless thing? Check if your phone is still there."

Gu Miao drew her pockets, and she was empty as expected.

The person who stole should be one of the people who lived in this room yesterday.

At first, everyone didn't care, thinking he was out looking for work. Until tonight, everyone found out that the valuable things in his pocket were gone, and the man never came back, and found out that something was wrong.

Coming out of the police station, the night was already full, and the cool breeze slowly passed by. Gu Miao walked at the back of the group, feeling cold and astringent.

He had no idea where to go.

There are many tall buildings in the distance, the lights are brilliant, and the night sky is dotted with few stars. This city that carries the dreams of countless people is still beautiful and prosperous.

But the young man's heart was sad, the cold evening breeze blew the flowers by the roadside, and a few petals were floating in the night.

The dim street lamp illuminates the road, and his eyes seem to melt into the endless night, empty, dark, without any light.

The thief was arrested quickly. He was obviously the first time he committed the crime. His techniques were not so old and he didn't plan the route very much. The trajectory of his actions was clearly photographed by roadside surveillance.

But those phones had already been sold, and in the end he found only a watch in his package that had not had time to sell.

The police changed the watch to Gu Miao, and comforted: "Young man, it's okay, take the things back first, and we will recover the phone as soon as possible."

I bought the watch with all my salary from last summer vacation, but even a fraction of the watch on her wrist was not enough.

Gu Miao took it in silence.

Tonight's night sky is adorned with a crooked moon, and the boy looks up in the empty street.

Moonlight is very gentle.

There were some tears in his silent eyes.

The young man who used to hide in the dark mumbled the moonlight madly and humblely. He didn't dare to come close, so he just looked far away and felt satisfied.

But the moonlight fell into the mortal world, and generously took care of him.

That was the warmth he had never felt before.

So greed grew crazily in his heart like weeds, and he began to fear the day without light, and fear to return to the dark world.

He knew he wasn't worthy, but the moonlight was so beautiful, he couldn't help but feel delusional when he looked at her.