But little did they know, the very person they were trying to run from was always one step ahead of them.

Seoul Hospital

The trio was warmly greeted by the staff, who for some reasons were extra energetic which surely made the girls feel slightly anxious. As they moved through the corridors, every hospital employee they passed gave a heartwarming smile to them.

Just like in college, the three held a positive reputation in the hospital. Their seniors, also held them in high regard and adored them which contributed to their sense of comfort in the hospital.

They were on their way to the emergency ward to volunteer when their steps halted at the call of the Senior Doctor, who wanted to introduce them to someone new.

The man they were about to meet was facing away from them, flanked by five men and surrounded by a number of bodyguards. Yn went straight ahead, approaching the Senior Doctor. She respectfully bowed, which positioned her and her friends with their backs to the man. It was then that Mr. Suk began the introduction making them turn around.

Yn

"Girls, I want to introduce you to our new trustee, the top businessman in Asia, Mr. Jeon Jungkook," the announcement froze me in my tracks. Hearing his name, my heart stopped, and fear gripped me. The man I had hoped to forget, My nightmare, He was here, close enough to reignite all my fears. The two girls next to me exchanged puzzled glances, trying to understand my reaction.

I could sense him smirking at my discomfort, enjoying the power he had to unsettle me without a word. The elder before us was constantly urging us to greet the new trustee, but his motions felt like weapons, each one reminding me of the pain I wished to escape. Eventually, Mr. Suk himself turned me around to face him, his smirk telling me he relished seeing me so vulnerable.

 Suk himself turned me around to face him, his smirk telling me he relished seeing me so vulnerable

His smirk... It seemed to say he enjoyed seeing me like this, weak and scared. It was as if he was proud of it, as if my pain amused him. It felt like he... he never felt hurt leaving me, like he never loved me.

All these thoughts were killing me I felt betrayed all over again, the pain sharp in my chest, making it hard to breathe. The moment was broken when I heard Rose introduce herself.

"Hello I'm Park Roseanne, Nice to meet you." She said with a mocking, albeit forced, smile which he returned with a crushing handshake.

Jennie followed, avoiding the physical greeting, and then it was my turn.

Facing him felt like I was facing my bitter past all over again.

"Hello, I'm Yn, pleased to meet you," I greeted, bowing slightly, deliberately avoiding a handshake with him. But my heart skipped a beat when he extended his hand towards me. With all the strength that remained within me, I forwarded my hand. Touching him brought back a flood of emotions, his lips curved up in a heartwarming smile which seemed more mocking than warm to me.