Chapter Thirty-Six: A Dance

She passes the 'upstairs for residents only' sign and goes up the stairs to the bedrooms and studies.

Her heartbeat had now increased rapidly, wondering what he would say to her.

She reaches the door to his study and stands there, hand on the handle. "You could turn around right now. Keep things as they are and not screw around with a life that isn't yours." She tells herself as she tries to calm her rapid breathing and sweaty palms.

"Fuck that." She says before knocking on the door.

"Upstairs is closed to guests." He calls through the door, knowing that Draco would have never knocked.

"Mister Malfoy." She calls through. He frustratedly gets up and stomps to the door.

"I think I said that upst-"

He immediately stops talking when he sees her before him. His cold blue eyes meet with her onyx ones, making him smile.

"Hi, Lucy." She shyly says.

"S-Salem?" He stutters before quickly setting his glass down. He carefully steps closer to her, not knowing whether or not she was comfortable with his touch anymore. He gently puts his hands on her cheeks and looks down into her eyes.

"Are you really here or am I hallucinating again?" He asks as his voice cracks, due to the fact that he was on the verge of tears.

"I'm here love." She says as she grabs his hands with hers, making him melt under her touch.

He opens his mouth like he was going to say something but sighs.

"I've been thinking for years about what I was going to say to you if I ever saw you again and now I can't find the words." He says as his eyes become glossy.

"Well, then I'll start. I missed you." She says as she smiles through tears. "How are you here?" he asks, still utterly dumbfounded by the fact that she really was standing in front of him.

"I got my chance to read this and I couldn't keep myself away." She says as she hands him the opened letter that she read the other day. "How did you get this?" He asks as he sets in on the desk.

"Draco brought it to me. After reading it and hearing some of the things he told me, I had to come back." She tells him.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't be here. I'll go." She says, seeing how he wasn't saying anything.

"No please." He desperately says as he reaches out for her. "I have been drinking myself stupid for the last 26 Christmas's because you weren't here. I wanted nothing more than you to be where Narcissa was. Now that you're here I don't really know how to describe the happiness you've just bought me." He says as the two smile together.

"May I?" He asks as he goes in to hug her. She nods before he runs his hand over her cheek and leans down to kiss her. It takes her back but she didn't pull away because it had been a long time since she had felt this good.

She was filled with warmth at the sudden contact between the pair's lips and they both couldn't help but smile as his tongue danced with hers. It wasn't like any of the kisses they shared in their youth. It was intimate, passionate, and filled with love that the two had so been missing for the last 26 years.

It then hits her that he was still married and she pulls back from him.

"This isn't right. You're married." She says as she rubs her temples, trying to knock common sense back into her. "You think Narcissa cares that we're married while the minister's assistant is tongue deep in her right now?" He asks, now with a sense of irritants.