Chapter Thirty-One: The End Of An Era

Lucius woke up with Salem in her arms, Mas snuggling in between the two, and the warm spring sun coming down onto his face.

He looked on the foot of the bed to find their graduation robes.

Hogwarts graduation robes were sacred objects and they were only awarded the day of graduation. They were just like the ones that they wore every day except where it was usually black, it was white fabric. His and Salems were even more special because they were prefects which awarded them with a gold prefect crest on the other side of the Slytherin crest.

He saw a note on top of the robes and curiosity overruled the want to not wake Salem. He gently moved her to the side just enough for him to retrieve the note. She murmured something in her sleep but didn't wake.

He sat back and readjusted her on his chest as he read the note.

Dear Lucius,

Here are your and Miss Siox's robes for the graduation ceremony today. Please lead your seventh year Slytherins to the great hall at Two P.M

And for Merlin's sake, put some clothes on.

-Professor Slughorn

Slughorn was head of Slytherin house so it was custom for him to write a note to the prefects but he still rolled his eyes knowing he was in his room, especially since he and Salem were in bed together.

"Love, wake up." He gently pushes a piece of hair behind her ear. "What?" She slowly begins to wake up.

"We're graduating," he tells her as she fully opens her eyes and blocks the morning sun that was coming in from the window. "That we are." She smiles as she kisses him.

"Well, we must hurry because I can't wait to get you to myself." He cooed in her ear as she giggles.

"Last time I checked, we were alone." She says as she kisses his neck. "Oh but I want to wait until we can properly celebrate tonight." He says as he flips her over and wraps his hand around her throat. She moves her eyes from his hand to his eyes and gives him a mischievous smirk.

"Be careful-"

Lucius is cut off when the door opens. The two look over and see Severus standing there with wide eyes.

"I have got to start locking that door." Lucius sighs as he removes his hand and climbs off of her. "I can come back." Severus awkwardly offers. "No, it's fine. I have to go get ready anyway." She says as she crawls out of bed, grabs her robes and Mas follows behind her.

"You really know how to kill a mood, Severus." Salem hears Lucius say as she leaves.

Once she reaches her room, she quickly begins getting ready as the ceremony begins sneaking up on them.

She puts on the dress that she and Lucius had picked a few weeks prior.

It had a long-sleeved, black, lace top with a short, flowy emerald green skirt. She paired it with a strappy pair of black stilettos and a pair of dangly, diamond earrings.

She proceeded to curl her blonde hair to perfection and do light makeup, even though she already looked flawless.

She topped it all off with red lipstick before she put on her white robes. She stood before the mirror and smiled at the woman that she had become.

Interrupting her from her proud thoughts, the door opened, and in came Lucius.

Once he fully looked at her, he went from going to speak to speechless in a matter of seconds.

"Are you just going to stand there and gawk or are you going to kiss me?" She asks as she blushes. "I think I might do a little bit of both." He says as he puts his weight on the side of the doorway.