Chapter One: Jerk

"Honestly Andromeda, It's ghastly at the lengths that you have to go to," Salem tells her best friend as they walk through the empty, evening hallways of Hogwarts.

She had to Admit, Andromeda was the most pleasant Black sister. Her sister Bellatrix was mental and her other sister, Narcissa let her love for Lucius Malfoy get in the way of her morals. While Andromeda was a kind-hearted girl that stuck by Salem's side since the first year sorting ceremony.

"I know, but Narcissa has simply refused to cover for me anymore." She says as the sound of the two girls' heels echoed through the hallway.

"Well, the Tonks boy seems like he is doing some good for you. I'll cover for you." Salem tells her as the common room door opens for them and Andromeda smiles at her best friend's kindness.

"Oh look what the cat dragged in. Off with the mudbloods?" They hear Narcissa's voice ask.

"Narcissa, we were studying in the library. What have you been up to? Letting the Malfoy boy use you as his own personal fuck toy?" Salem asks as she sets her books down on the table next to the door.

She looks over and sees the platinum-haired boy, practically seething with anger at her comment.

 Salem saw past the persona that the two put up. She saw that Lucius couldn't care any less about the Black girl, but Narcissa was blinded to this by her love for him.

"How dare you, filthy half breed." Narcissa spat with anger.

"Narcissa, please... We'll talk about it later." Andromeda says as she quickly gets Salem away from her sister. They walk up the stairs as the common room goes back to normal.

"How are you related to that gremlin?" She asks, still annoyed from her encounter with Narcissa.

"Trust me, I still ask that question." They turn the corner and stop at the door of Salem's private prefect chambers.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Salem tells her as the two hug and exchange goodbyes.

She opens the door and screams when she sees someone sitting on her bed.

"Severus you arse! You can't scare me like that." She says as Severus laughs at his easily frightened friend.

"It's not my fault you scare easily." He says as he gets off of her bed. "I just came to give you your scarf, you left it when we were playing quidditch this morning." He hands the Slytherin scarf to Salem and she puts it into her dresser.

"Well thank you, I'll see you tomorrow." She tells him as he walks to the door. "Oh, by the way. Are we still on to go riding in the forest this weekend?" She asks as he stops and turns back towards her.

"I was going to talk to you about that. I need to go home this weekend but for sure next weekend." Severus tells her as he stands in the doorway.

"Jerk." She calls out.

"Sorry." He calls back.

"Jerk." She calls once again as they both laugh together.