Chapter Eight: Abraxas Malfoy

After the eventful weekend, the two had, Lucius, woke up the next morning with Salem in his bed. She was pretty shaken up about the attacks and having to be alone so he decided that it was best to put her to bed with him.

The only woman that had ever slept in the same bed with was Narcissa but he hated it as well as everything else he did with her.

However, with Salem, it was like pure bliss.

Her messy, blonde hair fell onto the silk sheets as she cuddled her smaller body up onto his larger chest.

He admired her beauty as she slept while his memories from the attack began to flood back into his mind.

The killing, the torturing, the widespread fear and panic that came from his own hands. It was all to show that purebloods were in fact superior and should be treated as such.

His father had forced the idea of blood purity on Lucius since he was a child and he believed it all. Blood purity was where his morals lied and he believed in nothing less. But if that was the case, why did he love the feeling of a half-blood sleeping on his chest......

*********

Salem woke to Lucius stroking her hair while she slept. "Were you watching me sleep?" She asks as she smiles, sits up, and yawns. "Well yes, you looked quite lovely." He says as he smiles back at her.

"What time is it?" She asks as she flops back into his arms. "Too early." he strokes her hair as she talks.

"Shouldn't we be going to class?" She hears the sound of rain hitting the castle roof. "Cancelled until tomorrow. So I was thinking that we could stay in bed all day or later we could go roam around Hogsmeade." He tells her, enjoying the feel of her head on his chest. "That sounds nice." She says as she stretches, making her body shake.

"Hey, what's that?" She sits up and looks at his face.

"Shit," he says in his head, knowing she saw the scar from the attack.

"What?" He tries to act confused. "The wound on your face." She says as she straddles his waist, making him suck in a quick breath of air.

Salem runs her finger over the deep cut, making him flinch.

"Hold still." She says as she pulls her wand from the nightstand. "Vulnera Sanetur." She says as the cut slowly closes over.

"How did you even do that?" She asks as she sits back on his lap. "I tripped in the woods when Severus and I were headed back." He lies through his teeth. "That was a pretty nasty cut for just a trip." She says, suspicious of his story. "Yeah, it was a big ass stick," he says as he nervously chuckles, trying to change the conversation.

.

.

Later that day, the two finally got out of bed and found themselves wandering around Hogsmeade.

"Oo, let's go in there." She points to Madam Arrington's Bookshop. "Very well, I need a new dark arts textbook anyway," Lucius says as they open the door, hearing a bell ring.

He grabs his textbook and turns a shelf to find Salem in a muggle fiction section. "What even is this?" He asks, looking at the unfamiliar author names. "Muggle books. These were some of the greatest literary books in muggle history." She tells him as she picks up Sense And Sensibility.

"Jane Austen?" He asks as he inspects the book. "Jane Austen happens to be one of the most famous muggle authors... Ever." She tells him as he admires how her face lights up when speaking about these books.

After they paid, the two went for the door when Salem suddenly bumps into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She quickly says as Lucius turns around and realizes who it was. "Father?" Lucius says as her stomach drops.