Chapter Four: A Dream

Salem woke up and smiled as she yawned. 

The sunlight came shining through the curtains, spreading across her bed and face. She goes to throw the flowy, white comforter back over her body when she realizes that she wasn't the only one in her bed.

She looks over and sees a pair of piercing blue eyes and platinum blonde hair staring back at her. "Good morning darling." He tells her in his raspy, morning voice. "Lucy?" She asks as she runs her hand over his cheek that was rough due to stubble. 

As soon as he goes to talk once more, Salem is yanked from her dream and sees her dark room once more.

"Holy shit." She says as she breathes heavily and holds her hand over her quick-paced heart. She looks over and sees that it was in fact morning so she got up and got dressed.

She pulls an emerald sweater, high-waisted, black jeans, and white ankle boots. She quickly puts on her clothes and throws her Slytherin robe over top of it. She tied her hair back in a low bun then pulled a few side pieces of hair beside her ears.

Just as she was tucking her wand into her jeans, she hears a knock on the door. 

With a flick of her wand, the door opened and she was met with Andromeda. "So how was potions with blondie?" She asks as she giggles and sits on Salem's bed. "Actually, it went well. He's not a dick when he's alone." She tells Andromeda, being truthful. 

"That's surprising. He's always been an arse around me, even alone." She says as Salem puts on a light shade of nude lipstick.

She wished Andromeda would drop the subject. Last night's dream confused her and she wanted nothing more than to remove Malfoy from her thoughts.

"Well, you slept a day away so what do you want to do?" Andromeda asks, leaving her confused. "Wait, what?" Salem says, turning away from her mirror. "It's Sunday. You came back from the library Saturday morning and slept all day." Andromeda explains.

"Shit. I was supposed to cover for you." Salem says feeling sorry for her best friend. "It's okay. We ditched the quidditch idea and I snuck him into the common room once everybody went to bed." Andromeda tells her. 

"Thank Merlin. Next time I'll be there for you." She says, reassuring her best friend.

"Well, Severus ditched us, so if you'd like, we could go riding in the woods?" She asks as she stands up from the bed. "Sure. You wanna bring Ted as well?" Salem asks, causing the girl to smile. "Really?" She asks. "Of course Drom." Salem says as they leave her room.

                                                                                **********

Lucius sat against a tree on the edge of the forbidden forest, reading a book as Narcissa sat beside him with her head on his shoulder, going on about Salem.

"It's dim-witted! That filthy half-blood should not be allowed to work with purebloods!" Narcissa goes on as he tunes her out. 

"Yeah, totally," he says, not caring less as he reads his book. "Are you even listening to me?!" She sits up, annoyed. "Awesome." He mindlessly says as he continues to read.

"Lucy!" She says, angrily as she sticks her face in front of his book. "You know I don't like you calling me that," he says through gritted teeth. "And I don't like being ignored." She huffs as she sits back.

"Well what do you want me to say?! We worked on a useless potion, it's not like I fucked her!" Lucius says, now yelling out of frustration. 

"Would you if you had the chance?" she asks, now in a smaller voice. "Don't go there, Cissy." He says.

"You are my fiance. Surely you can understand my jealousy when you go off in the middle of the night with other women." She says, hurt at his words. "No, I don't. Because for one, I don't have jealousy coursing through my blood." He says, taking a jab at her mother, who was always the jealous type.

"And two, You are not my fiance. I have not presented you with a ring and I never will. We are to be married not at free will, and I'm not exactly content with our parents' decision. End of story." He closes his book and stands up from the tree.

"You say these things but-" Narcissa tries to fire back at him but is cut off by the sound of approaching horse hooves.

They turn and see Salem, Andromeda, and Ted riding horseback towards the forest. The two groups make eye contact and the three slow down to talk. 

"Well, if it isn't the trader, the mudblood, and the home wrecker," Narcissa says as Lucius turns, shooting her daggers with his eyes. "Always a pleasure Narcissa," Ted says to the angry girl that was before them.

"What are you doing around these parts?" Lucius asks, looking up at Salem on the white stallion.

"Got bored. We figured that nobody would be around to catch us while they're all still working on the potions project." Salem tells him as the dream she had of him replays through her head.

 "Do be careful, the forest can be rather dangerous." He says, adding emphasis on the last word then giving her a smirk that sent chills down her spine.

"What was that about?" Andromeda asks, as the three venture into the forest. "I don't know." Salem truthfully tells her.